Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Duke VS UNC Saturday

126 posts in this topic

Posted

Not that it needs to be said but both teams are going to go all out because they have something to play for. If Miami loses again Duke has a chance to tie for the Regular season Title and UNC has a good winning streak going and they are playing better D. So even though Kelly is back for Duke I still like UNC chances at home and think they will pull it out.

Posted

I'm curious what UNC's NCAA spot will be. I'm guessing a low 3 probably a 4 seed? What are you hearing UNC fans? I know the next couple of games will say a lot about it.

Posted

Where are you getting a 3 seed? They are about to lose two of three, both to duke

Posted

Ugh, could you wait till we win before talking trash?

Posted

I'm curious what UNC's NCAA spot will be. I'm guessing a low 3 probably a 4 seed? What are you hearing UNC fans? I know the next couple of games will say a lot about it.

I'm guessing anywhere from a 4-7 seed...depending on the game with dook and how we do in the ACC tourney. I seriously doubt we get higher than a 4, or lower than 7. If we win out, a 4, if we lose the rest, a 7. If we beat dook and lose first game in ACC tourney, then about a 6.

Posted

If the tourney started right now, I'd guess about a six seed. If they do well in the ACC tourney, they might push for a 4, tops.

Posted

If the tourney started right now, I'd guess about a six seed. If they do well in the ACC tourney, they might push for a 4, tops.

Yeah I'd agree with this.

JMM may not play tomorrow.

Posted

Ugh, could you wait till we win before talking trash?

Just harmless fun. They are playing very well right now. However like everyone said, i dont think the heels can climb up to a 3

Posted

Just saw that UNC is favored by 1.5 points. Don't think I've ever seen an unranked team be favored against a team ranked in the top 5.

Posted

Yeah I'd agree with this.

JMM may not play tomorrow.

Source? I know he got injured in the Maryland game but haven't heard if he would be out or not

Edit

He practiced today without incident and told the media this afternoon he would play.

Posted

Source? I know he got injured in the Maryland game but haven't heard if he would be out or not

Edit

He practiced today without incident and told the media this afternoon he would play.

My source were direct quotes from Roy Williams today via InsideCarolina's twitter. He's been suffering from a bulging disc and back spasms.

I just got home from work and hadn't heard anything since 3:45 today.

If he practiced today he is certainly playing. Whew.

Posted

Just saw that UNC is favored by 1.5 points. Don't think I've ever seen an unranked team be favored against a team ranked in the top 5.

I'm considering betting on Duke just to make sure I win tomorrow lol.

I never, ever bet on my teams to win.