Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BigBoss

Duke VS UNC Saturday

126 posts in this topic

tumblr_lpr5imh0GL1qar0ido1_400.gif

You obviously never been to a game in the Dean Dome.

Carolina can't hit anything and dook is hitting everything...this can't continue

It's over already. Guess I'll watch something else.

Not over til it's over. But Carolina couldn't have possibly started any worse.

carolina has already set their clocks ahead an hour

Hairston was the only player to show up tonight.... Reggie is playing like this is practice SMFH

Meh...the whole team is flat. Can't hit anything. This is the one thing I don't like about perimeter oriented teams, if you're off you can get smoked.

But on the bright side, dook is perimeter oriented and all they need is one cold night in the NCAA tourney and they're done...preferably against a 16 seed.

Zula....enjoy that 4th place finish in the ACC with the best team they've had in 50 years.

• Elbows too pointy. Would not bang.
    • On the surface this team seems greatly improved but in reality we added a geriatric at DE and SS. Our LT is bad enough that the Vikings thought getting Remmers in return was an upgrade, and our greatly improved offense includes a rookie RB who dominated the 5th best college conference and a hybrid RB/WR who isn't good enough to stick at either position. That being said, I'm hopeful it works out.
    • First, let me say that I pretty much only watch the NBA during the playoffs (or when I'm absolutely bored and channel surfing, which is very very seldom). I am really a fan of players and coaches and not necessarily teams except for the Spurs. That being said, I do support the Hornets as they are a North Carolina team---the "home" team, if you will.  The problem is I don't see any way that they will credibly compete for a championship (because they really haven't come close in franchise history). Gone are the days of Grand Ma Ma and Dell Curry, but even then one would be hard pressed to really believe. Unless they happen to draft a legitimate, and I mean legitimate, superstar that wants to be here, I can't see it. I go from year to year in June saying "Perhaps this is the year," but reality sets in during December.  Well, perhaps this is the year that they at least become credible. Monk was arguably the best pure shooter in the draft. Can he create his own shot---break 'em down and break some ankles to be a legitimate point guard or 2-guard? We will see. Bacon may be underrated. We will see. Does the other Superman in Charlotte have enough juice to make a credible run and get the Hornets over the hump. I don't know.  It's just hard to believe that the Hornets will actually become truly relevant when you look at their history, and that has to really suck as a hardcore fan.