Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:26 PM

No.

#4 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:30 PM

For a team that needs alot of help in a lot of places, many of you surely are quick to deny it. Like were too good for them or something lmao

#5 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:34 PM

Wallace and Jennings are really the only options when looking at A-tier FA WRs.

And I'll be honest and say neither are likely legitimate options. Wallace is going to be in a massive bidding war and Jennings is pretty ancient for the reported numbers he wants.

I'd love some Gettlemagic to land Wallace, but with as many reported teams vying for his services, it'll be a tricky maneuver to pull off.

#6 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 16,183 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:40 PM

I'll take aging system WR that I'm not interested in signing for $200, Alex.

#7 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,998 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:41 PM

For a team that needs alot of help in a lot of places, many of you surely are quick to deny it. Like were too good for them or something lmao

It doesn't have anything to do with needs for me, it has to do with his age, contract and the fact that we have a damn near clone already on the roster in Steve Smith. If we're going to invest in a WR I'd far rather get a young, proven guy like Wallace, or a promising young guy in the draft with a rookie contract.

#8 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,705 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:46 PM

Just draft the next one. The little white kid out of A&M, Ryan Swope.

#9 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 25,298 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:48 PM

We already have him in better form... Steve Smith say what up. Let's get a tall, fast, deep threat... with hands

#10 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,998 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:50 PM

Just draft the next one. The little white kid out of A&M, Ryan Swope.

I like Swopes, but he already has a documented history of concussions that worries me.

I'd prefer Vernon from Duke, or even Denard Robinson.

#11 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:54 PM

It doesn't have anything to do with needs for me, it has to do with his age, contract and the fact that we have a damn near clone already on the roster in Steve Smith. If we're going to invest in a WR I'd far rather get a young, proven guy like Wallace, or a promising young guy in the draft with a rookie contract.

look man if hes gunna test the market, and if everyone has comes to the consensus that hes cheap, then why the hell not? The more talent the better. He doesnt have to be the answer to our reciever problem, bbut he could be part of it.
Im not even advocating the guy, its just funny how some people regardless of position will just say a stright no to a guy. Lol we suck. We need help. Beggers cant be choosers folks. And explainations as to why not to attain a player is better then "no".
But i agree with you man. Hes not the answer

#12 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

Posted Image

#13 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,998 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:00 PM

look man if hes gunna test the market, and if everyone has comes to the consensus that hes cheap, then why the hell not? The more talent the better. He doesnt have to be the answer to our reciever problem, bbut he could be part of it.
Im not even advocating the guy, its just funny how some people regardless of position will just say a stright no to a guy. Lol we suck. We need help. Beggers cant be choosers folks. And explainations as to why not to attain a player is better then "no".

You have to be choosy when you have as little cap space as we do, we're also looking to the future and that's not what Welker gives you.

He's one of my favorite players in the league, I just don't think he's a good fit here, now.

#14 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,632 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:01 PM

The problem is Wes Welker will not go cheap. That is the reason why he is testing the FA market in the first place.

#15 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• ALL-PRO
  • 5,148 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:04 PM

You have to be choosy when you have as little cap space as we do, we're also looking to the future and that's not what Welker gives you.

He's one of my favorite players in the league, I just don't think he's a good fit here, now.

I didnt think about that cap man. Thats acually a good point. Its not all about the talent its about the $ as well. Would much rather spend the little $ we have on a cb or something. If we took the money out of it i wouldnt see the harm of having welker here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com