Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wes Welker

84 posts in this topic

Posted

Did I miss something? Where are all the Madden jokes? This thread would be perfect for them.

This would be a great move for the Panthers going into the 2014 Madden year.

What's Welker's overall in the game? Like 90 something right? You team him with Smitty

on a short contract and the league better watch out for us. Super Madden Bowl, Baby. fug YEA!!!

Posted

The problem is Wes Welker will not go cheap. That is the reason why he is testing the FA market in the first place.

NE is letting him test the market to see what he is worth.He will be a Patriot unless someone wants to over pay.You must remember he is best in the slot which would mean for some teams a 3rd and long option

Posted

NE is letting him test the market to see what he is worth.He will be a Patriot unless someone wants to over pay.You must remember he is best in the slot which would mean for some teams a 3rd and long option

He either goes to a team that will actually use him on all downs (Broncos) or he signs with a team in the same conference just to pry him away from the Patriots.

As successful as they've been, NE is heartless. I could see them telling Welker to eff off after not getting what he wants and going with a younger Amendola. Branch has been cut by the team about 1000 times and who can't forget what happened to Tiquan Underwood.

Posted

well it appears that Welker was lowballed by the Pats and he is pissed so he might be a Bronco that would be deadly for the Pats...

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-wes-welker-ready-move-patriots-laughable-contract-172240312--nfl.html

Posted

Manning to Welker? :writes that down for Fantasy Draft in six months:

Posted

If Welker does sign with Denver, I expect Amendola to sign with Pats immediately.

Posted

belicheat actually gave underwood a ring in the bucs locker room lol....talking about he kept his promise to give him a ring even if they won the superbowl or not lol......he just wanted to go spy on what the bucs were doing lol.....

Posted

Wes Welker was a nobody until Tom Brady started throwing to him. Just like 90% of NE's WR's.

Posted

Welker was doin very well in Miami, excellent return man IIRC. I believe he was a restricted FA when NE offered him a poison pill contract & MIA couldnt/wouldnt match the 8yr/$80mil contract.. Not going to verify this, but thats what I remember...

Posted

Wes Welker was a nobody until Tom Brady started throwing to him. Just like 90% of NE's WR's.

He managed 67 catches for almost 700 yards his last year in Miami with a poo collection of Joey Harrington, Daunte Culpepper, and Cleo Lemon. And again, he put up big numbers with Matt Cassel as a starter. I don't want him here at the salary he's going to get, but to deny his talent is ridiculous.

Posted

2 year deal with the Broncos

Posted

WOW