Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Transgendered Female Fighter Having License Reviewed After Winning Fight

29 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

in what way?

i feel like i honestly know way too little about it to offer an opinion that isn't probably steeped in ignorance.

I think it's a mental disorder

But I was a raging homophobe for years and I learned better, so maybe my opinion will change

Posted · Report post

I don't like it being lumped in with LGB because it's an entirely different thing with entirely different perspectives, implications, histories, etc.

All I know is that for all the complaining that it would be unfair, Fallon Fox got her ass kicked by a girl, and it wasn't even close.

Posted · Report post

I think it's a mental disorder

But I was a raging homophobe for years and I learned better, so maybe my opinion will change

it's not a mental disorder. check out the video i posted about that girl.

I don't like it being lumped in with LGB because it's an entirely different thing with entirely different perspectives, implications, histories, etc.

All I know is that for all the complaining that it would be unfair, Fallon Fox got her ass kicked by a girl, and it wasn't even close.

i think it follows along the same lines as lesbian, gay and bi because It's something you are born with and it's not a choice. even though i get what you are saying about perepectives, implications and histories. but at the very basic level it seems similar. And a lot of times transgenders are gay or bi as well.

Posted · Report post

yeah same. that's the problem, in spite of having changed views on a ton of things over the years, i haven't really done my homework on the social issues that surround transgendered individuals, so i'm worried a lot of my understanding is still stuck back in the stone-age paradigms i used to hold, and i'm hesitant to ever speak on them until i know more.

i'm willing to listen to anyone with a case to make about it either way

Posted · Report post

FWIW I've been to the "white party" fundraiser thing in charlotte several times to support my g/l peeps, I just have a mental block when it comes to bring born the wrong thing being a natural thing.

Posted · Report post

question. How would any of you feel if you found out that your significant other was born a Man (if you are a man) or was born a Woman (if you are a woman) Sure, if you knew from the start that would allow two people to form a consensual opinion. I am not talking about that. I am talking about if you found out after several years of forming a life with this person, planned children and everything.  That has to be a major betrayal. This is the betrayal that many people are afraid of. That should not affect peoples ability to do what they want to their own sexuality, but it is that fear that will understandably provide a stigma to the whole "transgender" situation.

Posted · Report post

people are actually afraid of that? the fuck

Posted · Report post

must... not.... fap to sarina valentina pics

GAAAH

Posted · Report post

people are actually afraid of that? the fug

hey man you never know these days. when i started dating my wife i couldn't sleep at night until i caught a glimpse of the ol' cooch to make sure there weren't any surprises.

1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

Want to fix it...remove gender roles from all sports.

There. 

No more divided sports based on gender.

Posted · Report post

question. How would any of you feel if you found out that your significant other was born a Man (if you are a man) or was born a Woman (if you are a woman) Sure, if you knew from the start that would allow two people to form a consensual opinion. I am not talking about that. I am talking about if you found out after several years of forming a life with this person, planned children and everything.  That has to be a major betrayal. This is the betrayal that many people are afraid of. That should not affect peoples ability to do what they want to their own sexuality, but it is that fear that will understandably provide a stigma to the whole "transgender" situation.

That would be a fundamental trust issue... once you got to know someone as a person, then entered a relationship... if they didn't sit you down and say "OK, look... I wasn't born a man/woman..." then that's a pretty big deal imo.  Not because of what they are, but because they didn't volunteer that information so you would know up front.

I don't see transgendered people as necessarily being all that different than gay/lesbian people, they just have the additional feelings that they're literally the wrong sex.  Like Kurb and Philly I came up being pretty homophobic, but have come to realize who cares... people should live their lives however they see fit.  Someone being gay/lesbian/TG whatever doesn't affect me in any way.

Posted · Report post

That would be a fundamental trust issue... once you got to know someone as a person, then entered a relationship... if they didn't sit you down and say "OK, look... I wasn't born a man/woman..." then that's a pretty big deal imo.  Not because of what they are, but because they didn't volunteer that information so you would know up front.

I don't see transgendered people as necessarily being all that different than gay/lesbian people, they just have the additional feelings that they're literally the wrong sex.  Like Kurb and Philly I came up being pretty homophobic, but have come to realize who cares... people should live their lives however they see fit.  Someone being gay/lesbian/TG whatever doesn't affect me in any way.

I have never been particularly homophobic, but I don't really trust anybody. I don't feel that people that change their gender are good or bad or anything. But the idea of living your life as something other than what people think you are has an element of untrustworthiness that gives me pause. But I do still believe people should be free to do what they want.