Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Smitty 2.0

43 posts in this topic

Posted

People calling for Percy 2.0

Posted

Steve Smith has the speed and skill, with the attitude to match. Gotta have a bit of a mean streak to be a legend. It's why Tom Brady is a cut ahead of Peyton Manning. Manning had it all handed to him, Brady had to earn it.

Posted

Steve Smith is truly exceptional. I mean you're talking about a man who is 5'9, who you and I most likely dwarf. Exept this guy plays in the NFL, scores TD's in the NFL, won the triple crown, and has made gigantic leaping plays against some of the best athletes in the world.

There's more that makes Steve what he is than his speed. While he was extremely fast in his prime it's not like he had Devin Hester speed. Smith can just play the game. He has to be fiercest WR to play the game and it will be a shame if he doesn't make it to the HOF. The dude is 5'9.

Posted

Steve Smith is truly exceptional. I mean you're talking about a man who is 5'9, who you and I most likely dwarf. Exept this guy plays in the NFL, scores TD's in the NFL, won the triple crown, and has made gigantic leaping plays against some of the best athletes in the world.

There's more that makes Steve what he is than his speed. While he was extremely fast in his prime it's not like he had Devin Hester speed. Smith can just play the game. He has to be fiercest WR to play the game and it will be a shame if he doesn't make it to the HOF. The dude is 5'9.

Yep, I can't recall any #1 reciver being 5'9" and dominating the way Smitty has for the past decade. Truly unbelievable player.

Posted

Any short white receiver = Wes Welker 2.0

Posted

Any slow WR that can block = Muhsin Muhammad 2.0

Posted

The thing about Smitty is this: You try to find his replacements by watching film, measuring his 40 time, etc. He is special because he wants it more than anyone in the stadium. His heart is incredible. He is not about 40 times, he is about passion. He makes everyone on the offense better..

Having said that, I think we can find another WR who puts up the same numbers, but we need to begin that search NOW. It may take some time.

Smitty, by the way, did most of his work without Cam Newton or any other high-profile QB. Imagine if we had a top QB or he had an opposite WR like Moose his entire career.

Posted

being so literal just makes you upset i see

Posted

Smith can still have probowl seasons if we get him a #1 talent on the team. Patterson, Mike Wallace, etc. can be that guy that opens Smith up in the middle of the field.

Posted

Smitty, by the way, did most of his work without Cam Newton or any other high-profile QB. Imagine if we had a top QB or he had an opposite WR like Moose his entire career.

yeah, it isn't like Jake Delhomme wasn't a Pro Bowler or anything. It also wasn't like Jake wasn't one of the clutchest and best postseason QBs prior to his career ending Tommy John surgery....

Post Tommy John Jake has clouded memories....

1 person likes this

Posted

You guys think we can petition JR to just clone smith.

Then in like 20 years he can just be the carolina panthers

Posted

I am feelin it!