Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Need a history expert here

31 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Its the off season and this is urgent cause I need to write a 5 page paper on this topic. I might get flamed for this but I need help answering this question:

To what extent were the intellectuals of the Revolutionary generation successful in their attempts to create a strong, unified, republican American culture between 1775 and 1800?

What effect did their efforts have on the course of American history?

Is their dream of American cultural unity still alive today?

and who in the hell in there right mind would ever want Louis Murphy back in a Panthers uni?

PIE will be given

Posted · Report post

I'll e-mail my award winning term paper on this subject to you.

$100 Paypal, PM for info.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The 910' timestamp='1362621129' post='2153160']
Its the off season and this is urgent cause I need to write a 5 page paper on this topic. I might get flamed for this but I need help answering this question:

To what extent were the intellectuals of the Revolutionary generation successful in their attempts to create a strong, unified, republican American culture between 1775 and 1800?

What effect did their efforts have on the course of American history?

Is their dream of American cultural unity still alive today?

and who in the hell in there right mind would ever want Louis Murphy back in a Panthers uni?

PIE will be given
[/quote]

Well I was a history major, but i've been drinking whiskey.

It's all about instilling nationalism, which they did and it is still very alive today. We as a Americans have predominantly had an us vs. them mentality, going back to the Revolutionary War against England.

I'm too busy listening to classic Seal to answer more thoroughly, but I want Louis Murphy back, he has a good relationship with Cam and he'll be cheap as hell. Obviously he is Mr. Butterfingers, but I love butterfingers like Bart Simpson so........

Posted · Report post

[quote][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]and who in the hell in there right mind would ever want Louis Murphy back in a Panthers uni?[/background][/font][/color]
[/quote]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]Answer: Nobody. [/background][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][background=rgb(242, 242, 242)]You should get an A+ with that answer. Good luck!![/background][/font][/color]

Posted · Report post

dude don't come asking the Huddle to do your homework for you

go plagiarize something off the internet like everyone does

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1362621848' post='2153166']
I'm too busy listening to classic Seal to answer more thoroughly
[/quote]

But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy.
No we're never gonna survive unless we are a little...
Craaaaazy are the people walking through my head,
One of em's got a gun to shoot the other one.
And yet together they were friends at school
GET IT GET IT GET IT NAH NAH NAH
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kevin Greene' timestamp='1362621468' post='2153164']
I'll e-mail my award winning term paper on this subject to you.

$100 Paypal, PM for info.
[/quote]

Not sure...if serious

Posted · Report post

That's a deal....he charged me $125

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Smitty Is Our Savior' timestamp='1362622204' post='2153171']

But we're never gonna survive unless we get a little crazy.
No we're never gonna survive unless we are a little...
Craaaaazy are the people walking through my head,
One of em's got a gun to shoot the other one.
And yet together they were friends at school
GET IT GET IT GET IT NAH NAH NAH
[/quote]

That's next buddy, I'm on Fly like an Eagle, and Kiss from a Rose was fuging majestic.

Posted · Report post

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m2i36ntaJw1qf9if6o1_500.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

lol wut

Posted · Report post

The Revolutionary War guys were spectacularly unsuccessful then. It wasn't until they reached the understanding that a strong central government was needed that it actually started to work, If they had not done those things, America would never have survived.

Posted · Report post

Classic Seal? What da fug?

Posted · Report post

[b][color=#3399ff]Got to view history in context. Literal translation often does not work in current context. Intent is important, but intent is lost in literal translation.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#3399ff]Founding fathers, IMO, did not create as strong a central government as they should have and likey they intended.[/color][/b]

[b][color="#3399ff"]​IMO, intent is often lost today because of special interest.[/color][/b]

[b][color="#3399ff"]Murphy...I think is over rated.[/color][/b]

Posted · Report post

I want louis back... and by the way theres a great website that just came out its [url="http://www.google.com"]http://www.google.com[/url] it could help.

Posted · Report post

Try and get this moved to The Tinderbox for a potentially sufficient answer.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ladypanther' timestamp='1362625701' post='2153244']
[b][color=#3399ff]Got to view history in context. Literal translation often does not work in current context. Intent is important, but intent is lost in literal translation.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#3399ff]Founding fathers, IMO, did not create as strong a central government as they should have and likey they intended.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#3399ff]​IMO, intent is often lost today because of special interest.[/color][/b]

[b][color=#3399ff]Murphy...I think is over rated.[/color][/b]
[/quote]

By central government what do you mean? "Republican" in this case is referring not to the political party but to the idea that a good citizen of the republic would willingly sacrifice what was good for them in exchange for what was good as the republic as a whole

Posted · Report post

Jerry is our founding father

Posted · Report post

His-Story?

Posted · Report post

Casanova referred to condoms as his “English riding coats"

Posted · Report post

[quote name='The 910' timestamp='1362626218' post='2153260']

By central government what do you mean? "Republican" in this case is referring not to the political party but to the idea that a good citizen of the republic would willingly sacrifice what was good for them in exchange for what was good as the republic as a whole
[/quote]

[b][color=#3399ff]Good question for the kid to ponder in his paper.[/color][/b]

Posted · Report post

[quote name='SCP' timestamp='1362625330' post='2153232']
Classic Seal? What da fug?
[/quote]

Don't judge me monkey, Seal is the motherfuging poo.

Posted · Report post

[img]http://jacketupload.macmillanusa.com/jackets/high_res/jpgs/9780312190620.jpg[/img]

*Amid the battle for American independence and the struggle to invent a federal government, American Revolutionary leaders and intellectuals sought also to create an American culture that would unify a territory of immense regional, ethnic, and religious diversity. In a sophisticated, yet accessible, interpretive narrative, Eve Kornfeld examines the efforts of Noah Webster, Benjamin Rush, George Washington, Judith Sargent Murray, David Ramsay, Mercy Otis Warren, and others to invent a national literature, narrate a story of nationhood, and educate a diverse people for virtuous republican citizenship. Among the 31 documents following the narrative are early attempts at American epic poetry, excerpts from the first narrative histories of the United States, and commentaries on the place of women and Indians in national life. Headnotes to the documents, reproductions of early paintings and portraits, a chronology, questions for consideration, a bibliography, and an index are also included

** Now go do your homework

Posted · Report post

In seriousness you need to discuss that after separating from England there really was a lot of debate about whether we wanted a strong federal government which would have significant power or a weak one where the states retained all the power. The articles of confederation in 1777 were pretty weak and the government had very little power.
http://www.factmonster.com/ipka/A0877703.html

They were replaced by the constitution in 1789 which effectively changed some of the weaknesses in the articles of confederation and more closely resembles the government of today. So part of your answer was how did the constitution and the bill of rights help accomplish this goal which obviously were lacking in the articles of confederation. Also consider that nationalism wasn't shared by everyone at the time, most of the ideas in the declaration of independence and the constitution were actual considered radical revolutionary ideas at the time. Not everyone was loyal to the new government or felt that it was a good idea. So how did this framework allow for people to have different views then and still have a sense of collective nationalism which grew over time.

Just a few thoughts between clients.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Leeroy Jenkins PhD' timestamp='1362676808' post='2153761']
[img]http://jacketupload.macmillanusa.com/jackets/high_res/jpgs/9780312190620.jpg[/img]

*Amid the battle for American independence and the struggle to invent a federal government, American Revolutionary leaders and intellectuals sought also to create an American culture that would unify a territory of immense regional, ethnic, and religious diversity. In a sophisticated, yet accessible, interpretive narrative, Eve Kornfeld examines the efforts of Noah Webster, Benjamin Rush, George Washington, Judith Sargent Murray, David Ramsay, Mercy Otis Warren, and others to invent a national literature, narrate a story of nationhood, and educate a diverse people for virtuous republican citizenship. Among the 31 documents following the narrative are early attempts at American epic poetry, excerpts from the first narrative histories of the United States, and commentaries on the place of women and Indians in national life. Headnotes to the documents, reproductions of early paintings and portraits, a chronology, questions for consideration, a bibliography, and an index are also included

** Now go do your homework
[/quote]

The internet is a wonderful thing, isn't it........................