Photo
- - - - -

Best car radio for an android phone to link up with?

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#21 catfang

catfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 08:21 PM

What model and year? Generally (i daresay always) a new head unit will have its own pairing and operate independently of any OEM software.

Chevy malibu, 2009. I think you're right, but the more I research new head units, the ones with XM radio are damn expensive (and I really want to keep my sat radio. I guess I could do without it but I'm pretty dependent on it now - I love it) Thanks tho, I'll think about just replacing the stock speakers and see what that does.

#22 KSpan

KSpan

Bow-chicka-wow-wow!

• LocationKansas City
SUPPORTER

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

Chevy malibu, 2009. I think you're right, but the more I research new head units, the ones with XM radio are damn expensive (and I really want to keep my sat radio. I guess I could do without it but I'm pretty dependent on it now - I love it) Thanks tho, I'll think about just replacing the stock speakers and see what that does.

GM products are a bigger installation hassle because the door chimes and a couple of other small things are actually integrated into the radio -you have to buy and wire up a separate module to maintain that functionality. Sounds like you might be better off just springing for the ridiculously-priced software fix. Regarding speakers, since you will still have the low-power stock head unit, look for something with high efficiency, like 90 dba or anove. My dad and I put some Polk Dxi drivers into his 08 Silverado running off of the stock radio and it was a definite improvement.

#23 catfang

catfang

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 07:24 PM

GM products are a bigger installation hassle because the door chimes and a couple of other small things are actually integrated into the radio -you have to buy and wire up a separate module to maintain that functionality. Sounds like you might be better off just springing for the ridiculously-priced software fix. Regarding speakers, since you will still have the low-power stock head unit, look for something with high efficiency, like 90 dba or anove. My dad and I put some Polk Dxi drivers into his 08 Silverado running off of the stock radio and it was a definite improvement.

Yeah, I read about the module for the door chimes, etc.

Thanks for the advice on the speakers, I was looking at some Polk's for the front actually.

#24 Carolina Husker

Carolina Husker

I hate football

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

A data plan on a smartphone and an FM transmitter will run you $50 max

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users