Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Drafting a Guard in the first round

142 posts in this topic

Posted

defense is all about pressure on qb.....the most simple way i can put it.

Posted

bpa could be a WR.

I suppose it could be but many boards don't have any receivers ranked until around 20.

Posted

Guard is never BPA in the 1st.

Posted

I suppose it could be but many boards don't have any receivers ranked until around 20.

big boards generally rank players on a scale of 1-100 . I'd rather have a 90 Receiver than a 95 Guard all day every day.

"BPA" should be changed to "BVA"-best value available vs best player available.

Posted

many draftniks boards maybe, but we dont know how NFL teams boards look. even then some have 2 WRs as top 20 bpa's.

Posted

You want a 6'2 OT?

Thought he was taller my b

Posted

many draftniks boards maybe, but we dont know how NFL teams boards look. even then some have 2 WRs as top 20 bpa's.

true

Posted

Thought he was taller my b

He moves really well though and may be more athletic than Warmack. If we had a lower pick, I'd be all over Cooper

Posted

bpa could be a WR.

Vaccaro is obviously the BPA at 14 if he's there

Posted

Vaccaro is obviously the BPA at 14 if he's there

maybe, or it could be a WR, DT,or OT. we dont know, my sleeper pick for 14 is Hopkins.

Posted

maybe, or it could be a WR, DT,or OT. we dont know, my sleeper pick for 14 is Hopkins.

Hopkins? I think that'll be a "reach". I would really be surprise to see Hopkins land in the top 20.

I think we can sit right where we're at in the 2nd round (44), and still able to grab Hopkins there.

Posted

Hopkins? I think that'll be a "reach". I would really be surprise to see Hopkins land in the top 20.

I think we can sit right where we're at in the 2nd round (44), and still able to grab Hopkins there.

6`1 215 pound WR that has produced and can run the entire route tree. he is already rising and the last 3 videos on panthers.com involve him.yeah i know its because they had their pro day last week,and mike craft loves him.

the previous offseason was the 1st time he went through football work outs because he played bball the other 2 years and you can tell by the way he exploded this past season.