• Please log in to reply
141 replies to this topic

#16 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:53 PM

I don't understand the under appreciation of Warmack. He plays with an unbelievable amount of speed and power. With his size, he will be a difference maker for someones offense. If we are really going to keep all these backs I could easily see him being the pick. He can make a running lane all by himself.

If he can do all that why isnt he a DT then? Think of all the sacks and problems he would cause a QB.

#17 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

not higher than a de on my list....still a a very effective position.just my opinion though.

#18 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,599 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

I couldn't disagree more about DT. It's a premier position.

comes with a higher bust rate than other positions and still takes a couple years to not look bad. harder to get a legit day one starter than other spots.

#19 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:55 PM

but he's just a guard. you just need serviceable. some skill position or even OT or DT would be of more benefit to the team. you can find what you need in FA easily enough without giving up so much. some of the other positions we are looking at and need would be too costly in FA. you've got to look at a bigger picture than him just being a stud OG.

yea i get that. But it just depends on who is there at #14.

#20 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

but he's just a guard. you just need serviceable. some skill position or even OT or DT would be of more benefit to the team. you can find what you need in FA easily enough without giving up so much. some of the other positions we are looking at and need would be too costly in FA. you've got to look at a bigger picture than him just being a stud OG.

G may be our absolute weakest position on the OL. Sure serviceable works for those interior line positions other than C, but rarely do you see players with the difference making ability as Warmack. He will be an impact player. Can't say that about many Guards in the NFL.

#21 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 06 March 2013 - 11:59 PM

I don't see him am impact player.

Cooper is just as good and more versatile.

#22 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:01 AM

G may be our absolute weakest position on the OL. Sure serviceable works for those interior line positions other than C, but rarely do you see players with the difference making ability as Warmack. He will be an impact player. Can't say that about many Guards in the NFL.

Impact player in many ways; First and foremost, protecting Cam. And yea a servicable FA may do the job, but for how long till we have to sign someone else? Warmack is a freak among freaks. The dude will protect Cam, he will help our RB earn the money that Hurney signed them for, and he will provide a mean streak that the right side is obviously lacking. But again it all depend on who is there at #14. Damn this is gonna be a great fuging draft to watch.

And Cooper is no Warmack.

#23 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:02 AM

If he can do all that why isnt he a DT then? Think of all the sacks and problems he would cause a QB.

Wha? DT?

anyways...

He is hardly a sack problem. He actually shows very solid in pass protection. He is essentially a sure fire stick at RG in the NFL. A likely pro bowler with All Pro potential at the position.

#24 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,630 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:03 AM

Freak of freaks?

No.

#25 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,599 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:04 AM

yea i get that. But it just depends on who is there at #14.

if there's no player better than a guard at 14 its a crappy draft. if he's the best option we trade back.

#26 ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

ItsPantone278

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

I don't see him am impact player.

Cooper is just as good and more versatile.

As much as I love Cooper, he doesn't have the game changing ability Warmack has.

#27 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:05 AM

Freak of freaks?

No.

Disagree.

#28 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

larry warford aint that far behind warmack.

#29 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:06 AM

Wha? DT?

anyways...

He is hardly a sack problem. He actually shows very solid in pass protection. He is essentially a sure fire stick at RG in the NFL. A likely pro bowler with All Pro potential at the position.

You was saying how great his athelism is and can get protection down the field. If he is that great he should be lining up at DT.

#30 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 8,741 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:07 AM

if there's no player better than a guard at 14 its a crappy draft. if he's the best option we trade back.

Listen, I get it. I would want someone other than a guard at 14. But i rate Warmack very high on my personal board. I get what everyone is saying who doesn't want to draft Warmack at 14 if he is there. But we better be damned sure we are getting someone who is gonna make the impact that he will make. And again, most of you don't think he would make as big of an impact as i think he will.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com