• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 OneBadCat

OneBadCat

HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:37 AM

So I was checking out Hardy's stats this year and I didn't realize just how much of a beast this guy is.

In 2012 he had 11 sacks, 2 forced fumbles, in only 10 games started. He also had 13 tackles for loss(tied with Peppers), compared to Charles Johnson's 7.

He's also shown the ability to screw up the passing game with 11 passes defensed in 2011, which was best in the league for a 4-3 end.

We need to get contract talks going with this guy because if he keeps progessing he could very well be one of the best ends this franchise has ever seen. His attitude is also great for this team.

At the end of day I think we won the battle between the Panthers and Julius Peppers. He wanted to go a team he thought could compete. Now, not only do we have Charles Johnson and Hardy, who both outplayed Peppers this past year. We also have Cam. HIndsight is 20/20 Pep, enjoy the Bears collapse.

#2 Navy_football

Navy_football

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts
  • LocationArlington, VA

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:40 AM

Agree completely. If the Panthers let this kid go, it will be one of the franchise's biggest mistakes ever. I think he'll be the best DE Carolina has ever had - and that's a HUGE statement.

#3 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

He is scary good. If he has another big year this upcoming season, he is going to ask for a LOT of money.

#4 Darknight

Darknight

Official Rep Keeper

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • LocationKinston

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:44 AM

#hurneymagic

#5 KJ89

KJ89

bottom line

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,912 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Beason Kuechly Davis CJ & The Kraken

Damn.

#6 TheRumGone

TheRumGone

mountain man

• ALL-PRO
  • 9,562 posts
  • LocationAsheville, NC

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Beason Kuechly Davis CJ & The Kraken

Damn.

And I think Alexander is gonna be something special for us. I'm most excited about him next year.

#7 2jakefansinva

2jakefansinva

Coach Jack Bolton

• HUDDLER
  • 4,736 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:48 AM

Yep.........I think he turned all the non-believers

#8 tiger7_88

tiger7_88

old skool SWAG

• HUDDLER
  • 4,953 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:52 AM

I don't think he's going to improve over last year. I think last year was Kraken's career year.

If he can maintain consistency with results at or close to last year though, he's going to get big money and be worth every penny.

#9 bleys

bleys

Simple and Plain

• ALL-PRO
  • 15,513 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

he looked just as great last year in the 1st half of the season.. Im glad he got the help needed to show the rest of the fans his true potential. now he needs to stay consistent. apparently he was pretty clutch last year as well.

#10 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,786 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

And I think Alexander is gonna be something special for us. I'm most excited about him next year.

I think so too..... Looks like Hardy and Alexander are going to be the future tandem on that Dline.. hopefully....

#11 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,361 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:06 PM

I don't think he's going to improve over last year. I think last year was Kraken's career year.

If he can maintain consistency with results at or close to last year though, he's going to get big money and be worth every penny.

Disagree. Hardy is a versatile DE who could have gone in the first or second round had he been more consistent and avoided injuries.

If Hardy stays focus, he'll remain a disruptive force against the pass and ground game.

#12 Peppers90 NC

Peppers90 NC

• HUDDLER
  • 9,847 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:24 PM

#hurneymagic

that's a new one

#13 Leeroy Jenkins PhD

Leeroy Jenkins PhD

HCIC

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts
  • LocationHouston Texas

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:33 PM

I remember the talk pre-draft was that Greg Hardy could be a monster on the field, but there were so many questions about his character. Mind you, these were not necessarily character issues that you would normally associate as problematic. Instead, he was seen as "standoffish" "a loner" "maybe his heart wasn't in it". After watching Peppers walk away under many of the same criticisms, it was hard to jusitfy his selection.

Man, I am happy everyone, including myself was wrong. The kid is a beast and has the heart/desire/motivation to be a great player.

#14 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,622 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 07 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

The guy is an animal of some type.

#15 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 02:47 PM

Pretty sure I remember him being projected as 1-2nd round potential, but fell due to injury and motor concerns, neither of which seem to be a problem as of yet. Hopefully we can get this guy a long term deal and keep Johnson.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com