Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OneBadCat

Just how good can Greg Hardy be?

jtm    248

Several bad years? Last year was his 3rd season. He literally followed in C.J exact steps

Using the word "bad years" was not the best term - I'll amend to say 2 average years and 1 good year. My reaction was based on the first couple posts that made comparisons to Peppers and said losing Hardy would be "one of the biggest mistakes ever."

I like Hardy and think he has a ton of potential, but I'm not ready to give him the keys to the city after one good year; we did this fir CJ and overpaid.

I get the Peppers hate, but the constant comparisons to Peppers are off base. As a reminder, Peppers had 12 sacks his rookie year. Time has a way of letting us forget just how dominant Peppers was.

jtm    248

I'm sure he'll have at-least 25 sacks since it's contract year.

Lets hope, but he likely get a lot more attention this year and double teams.

Dex    12,251

They can't double team him and CJ

Imagine if we got a stud DT in the middle. Not enough blockers in the world.

bleys    1,995

Hardy appears to be solid example of how the overall general fanbase responds to athletes from a distance.... Compare opinions of Alexander after one "average" year to those of Hardy after 3 incredibly solid years of improvement...

csx    7,306

He has everything needed to be great physically. I am not sold on his mental acuity.

Icege    1,647

Hardy appears to be solid example of how the overall general fanbase responds to athletes from a distance.... Compare opinions of Alexander after one "average" year to those of Hardy after 3 incredibly solid years of improvement...

Everything about Hardy is a testament to fans knowing diddly squat about players and their futures.

JawnyBlaze    5,361

Man, I am happy everyone, including myself was wrong. The kid is a beast and has the heart/desire/motivation to be a great player.

Not everyone, there was a number of us who saw it in him from the start :)

Chimera    3,455

Not everyone, there was a number of us who saw it in him from the start :)

I know the first time I saw him line up as a gunner on punt coverage, and outran the DB on the other side of the field, he would be a rare player.

2012 was the first time in his NFL career that absolute garbage wasn't playing DT. It's amazing how strengthening that weak link makes other players better. Now imagine what he could do with a solid DT and defensive backfield....

Scary stuff for opposing QBs.

That being said, I'm not sure I see it in Frank Alexander. I think he's a solid guy to have in rotation, but I believe some people are giving him too much credit.

JawnyBlaze    5,361

Hurney did a good job in looking back on things.

Compared to most GMs, Hurney drafted very well in the 1st round and the last couple of rounds. In pretty much every other aspect of the job he was bad.

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Joehillttc