Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Could Bruce Campbell Start?

33 posts in this topic

Posted

I say yes. I saw him play last year. I know he was on the field the last 3 quarters of the Raiders game and he looked great.

I thought so to but did not see him much afterwards

Posted

Von Miller made Bell look terrible last year. I thought, "We have a guy who runs a 4.8 40 on our bench and he is not being considered to replace Bell. I am confident that our coaches know what we have there.

Workout warriors tease you and make you dig for fool's gold.

This was a fair question and we all hoped he would benefit from leaving oakland, where he dropped down the depth chart to obscurity.

Posted

I thought so to but did not see him much afterwards

I would let my players suit up against their former team. Motivation/

Posted

He needs to get a legitimate shot to compete. He's shown flashes, he's only 24 and if he could live up to his potential, we got out LT of the future for Mike Goodson. It also allows us to use that draft pick elsewhere, since a LT would generally be a big contract guy or 1st/2nd round pick.

Posted

Groovy.......

No evil dead comment before me? I'm dissapointed in you guys -_-

Posted

I remember reading something about him being dyslexic or having some learning disability. His coaches in college (Maryland?) were very patient with him and he did well at Tackle. Maybe Oakland misused him at guard or didn't put in the time or effort to help him along. Maybe he is a workout warrior. Either way I'd like to see him given a chance, the guy has the attributes to do very, very well. Plus if he succeeds that takes care of one tackle position for the next 6 or so years.

Posted

The Raiders ruin talent. They go there to waste their talent and never develop. I hope we are able to keep Bruce and develop him. Hes one of my favorite Panthers

Posted

The Raiders ruin talent. They go there to waste their talent and never develop. I hope we are able to keep Bruce and develop him. Hes one of my favorite Panthers

He's only played five snaps and he's one of your favorite Panthers?

Okay....

Posted

he had to have brain surgery in high school and has an undisclosed learning disability from what i've read. the raiders were unsurprisingly not patient with him and tried to force him in at guard when he wasn't picking up the tackle spot quickly enough.

he's unquestionably a physical freak and is talented enough to be a top five tackle. the only question is his coachability and whether he can handle how mentally taxing the position is.

Posted

his ceiling is much higher than Bell's at RT. Better athlete.

I'd like a fair competition to be going on in camp

Posted

NO!!

Posted

his ceiling is much higher than Bell's at RT. Better athlete.

I'd like a fair competition to be going on in camp

I'd be good with this. I agree that athletically, Campbell looks like a prototype NFL OT. Give him a shot in camp. Nothing to lose.