Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Leaked NFL Documents: While Owner Cried Hardship, Carolina Panthers Had $112 Million Profit Over Two Years

168 posts in this topic

Posted

Y'all should prolly read this:

http://www.reddit.co...ardship/c8rq8ny

I was getting ready to post something that was about third grade level in comparison, trying to say the same thing, this saved me the trouble.

Posted

Richardson the hero?

Let's see, the Packers didn't purge their rosters and put shyt on the field in a F U move to the fans.

Nor did they cut employee salaries.

But they did compete and win the Super Bowl.

The Packers have not imposed pay cuts or furloughs since the lockout began nearly three months ago, but team President & CEO Mark Murphy on Friday revealed that he "hasn’t ruled out that possibility if the labor dispute drags on," according to Mike Vandermause of the GREEN BAY PRESS-GAZETTE. The Packers could "withhold pay from selected employees," including Murphy, GM Ted Thompson, coach Mike McCarthy, assistant coaches and "other high-level directors." Murphy said, "It's based on when we're going to start missing revenue." He added that the lockout "has had only a small financial impact on the Packers, primarily involving sponsorships."

it really depends what is more important to you.

Your wallet.

Or winning and the fans who paid the PSls necessary for you to have the privilege of NFL ownership.

Posted

We need a new owner. JR brings the bad luck

Posted

If you have a problem with the Jerry making a modest profit in a high risk business then asking for public money, then you should probably have a problem with all the services the government provides you at your modest salary. When the government offers us a tax break for medical expenses or what have you, we take it. If they don't give it to us then we hire HR Block or a Lawyer and fight for it. Why should Jerry back down because the numbers are inflated?

Owning an NFL team is high risk.

Not one team failed to turn a profit in the last decade.

Go ahead and rectify those two statements.

High risk?

Posted

Owning an NFL team is high risk.

Not one team failed to turn a profit in the last decade.

Go ahead and rectify those two statements.

High risk?

Jerry Richardson has done very well with the Panthers. He has made a ton of money and done well for himself but that is a credit to a sound business plan. George Shinn on the other hand was sloppy and got run out of town. Bob Johnson got run out of town. Jerry could have been run out of town too had he not lead the franchise the right way.

Posted

How to run a profitable NFL franchise:

Step 1: Open envelope

Step 2: Remove revenue sharing check

Step 3: Deposit

Posted

How to run a profitable NFL franchise:

Step 1: Open envelope

Step 2: Remove revenue sharing check

Step 3: Deposit

A prime example of why you are NOT a successfule business person. You have no clue what you are even rambling on about.

Hilarious when people who don't even have the business acumen to run a lemonade stand in their driveway start critiquing the strategy and business plans of VERY successful business owners.

1 person likes this

Posted

Madhatter, you run your own succesful business?

Posted

I'm too busy LOLing at all the butthurt Skins fans posting in Gantt's PFT article.

LOL, I'm doing my best to troll them.

Posted

I'm going to need 150 likes for this post. I know I have 700 likes of my own, but I'd hate it if I moved my services to cat scratch reader. I barely get rep at all anymore.

Posted

LOL, I'm doing my best to troll them.

Me to. Those guys are so pissed that we curb stomped Griffin and that Cam is now 2-0 against them.

Posted

A prime example of why you are NOT a successfule business person. You have no clue what you are even rambling on about.

Hilarious when people who don't even have the business acumen to run a lemonade stand in their driveway start critiquing the strategy and business plans of VERY successful business owners.

I'll just reference the same facts you felt the Huddle was incapable of handling just a handful of pages earlier.

And as far as being a "successfule business person", I'll quote one of the greater poets of our generation: "A real gangsta ass ***** don't flex nuts, cause a real gangsta ass ***** knows he got em."