Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

philw5289

Leaked NFL Documents: While Owner Cried Hardship, Carolina Panthers Had $112 Million Profit Over Two Years

168 posts in this topic

Seriously, people act like it's some big surprise that an NFL team is making a good profit? LOL

JR isn't asking the city/state for the money because he needs it, he's asking the city/state for the money because he wants them to put a little more skin in the game in return for a 15 year guarantee that the team won't move.

With what other teams are asking taxpayers for, this is a paltry amount. The state govt. should embarrassed that they can't come up with 66 million... lets see their books.

Cams fault?

you nailed it!

The 88%'ers gonna increase a bunch.

The only good welfare is corporate welfare.

So how much did Jerry pay himself over those 2 years?

How much is acceptable for a busniness owners to pay themselves? As long as thier employees checks cash, debts are paid, operating expenses are met, the rest is profit...for the owner...that is after all the purpose of owning a business.

How much is acceptable for a busniness owners to pay themselves? As long as thier employees checks cash, debts are paid, operating expenses are met, the rest is profit...for the owner...that is after all the purpose of owning a business.

I own my own business and I am in it for the paychecks. Nobody else is sharing my risk.

Lol I love the jealousy comments.

This doesn't change a thing....more interesting than anything

Still don't want public money going to renovations

Fine, and when they leave for a city that will, I guess we won't hear a word about it from you..will we...

Look, I'm not going to argue the perception that JR is greedy because:

1. he's an old white man, I think that's just what they start doing once their junk goes bad.

and

2. I don't really care.

But I don't think he ever misled people by saying the team is broke. I just don't remember him ever saying anything like "we can't afford to do it if the city doesn't and things will be horrible". He asked for it because he could, and he claims it's for a good purpose (tying the team to the region). Even if that's crap, I don't think he ever claimed to be too poor.

If they leave, they very well may come to Central Texas. I for one support it!

Seriously thought, he's a terrible owner. And by that I mean we haven't been to the playoffs since 2008.

FEEL MY WRATH!

350x-376-e1351425365784.jpg

I own my own business and I am in it for the paychecks. Nobody else is sharing my risk.

good for you, guess you give your goods/services for cost and still make a living. most do what they like doing, some prefer to make money while doing it, some don't. people risking millions of dollars compared to people risking thousands, is a little different in why they may do it.

1 person likes this

Even Deadspin thinks the offseason is slow. This is stupid.