Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

North Korea

186 posts in this topic

Posted

lol

No, i just have zero desire to get into another war. I'd wait til they do something pretty bad and then just wipe them out and be done with it. We don't have the money or stomach to get into a long drawn out fight with another country.

I agree

Welcome to the dark side. LOL

Posted

http://headlinepong.com/blog/kim-jong-un-the-drug-dealer/

“Under the guidance of Room 39, a secretive agency that managed the private coffers of former North Korean leader Kim Jong-il, the North has been producing various types of illegal drugs and selling them abroad. South Korean authorities estimate North Korea’s annual output of illicit drugs amount to 3,000 kg that translate into revenues of between $100 million and $200 million. “

Posted

I agree

Welcome to the dark side. LOL

I use to always vote majority republican, it was long wars,big spending and attacks on personal freedoms that pushed me to start voting for dems.

Posted

George Bush was not the brightest bulb when it comes to war. We are more technological than ever and I think Obama fights a better war, especially in the arena known as Afghan and Pakistan. Of course not many things other than that where I side with the current pres.

Thinking that Bush was trying mainly to introduce democracy to an area thinking it would catch on and be the undoing of many of our problem children over there. Big risk. Did not turn out that well.

Posted

beginning to wonder if this isn't saber rattling so the new leader can get a new treaty/deal from the West to show his people how he has everyone frightened.

Posted

beginning to wonder if this isn't saber rattling so the new leader can get a new treaty/deal from the West to show his people how he has everyone frightened.

Posted

I use to always vote majority republican, it was long wars,big spending and attacks on personal freedoms that pushed me to start voting for dems.

Sounds like FDR to me.

Posted

Sounds like FDR to me.

That's because you're unwilling to self criticize.

Posted

That's because you're unwilling to self criticize.

Not sure what that means. I wasn't president, so how would my self criticism matter irt this discussion. Unless you are referring to voting, and if that is the case, then I didn't vote for GWB in 2004 because he was an incompetent fool, far worse than our current president.

FDR got us embroiled in a shooting war with Germany, spent a lot of money on it, and rounded up US citizens and put them in camps. Yes, he definitely was right to move us towards war with Germany, but only in hindsight did many people realize that he was right. And he actually did a lot more to infringe on personal freedoms than GWB ever did.

Posted

http://news.yahoo.com/nkorea-refuses-let-skoreans-enter-joint-factory-042751499--finance.html

But in the latest sign that North Korea's warlike stance toward South Korea and the United States is moving from words to action, Pyongyang on Wednesday barred South Korean managers and trucks delivering supplies from crossing the border to enter the Kaesong industrial park. It's an announcement that further escalates a torrent of provocations analysts say is aimed at pressuring the U.S. and South Korea to change their policies toward Pyongyang.

Posted

Not sure what that means. I wasn't president, so how would my self criticism matter irt this discussion. Unless you are referring to voting, and if that is the case, then I didn't vote for GWB in 2004 because he was an incompetent fool, far worse than our current president.

FDR got us embroiled in a shooting war with Germany, spent a lot of money on it, and rounded up US citizens and put them in camps. Yes, he definitely was right to move us towards war with Germany, but only in hindsight did many people realize that he was right. And he actually did a lot more to infringe on personal freedoms than GWB ever did.

I figured anyone diverting my claim about Bush to a President from the 30's and 40's was a Bush voting Republican.

Posted

lol

No, i just have zero desire to get into another war. I'd wait til they do something pretty bad and then just wipe them out and be done with it. We don't have the money or stomach to get into a long drawn out fight with another country.

And by 'them' you mean?