• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#16 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:31 PM

gotcha....I said it was like living next door to hooligans that the cops are agraid of.

Everyone knows the USA are world cops!

#17 mmmbeans

mmmbeans

FBI SURVEILLANCE VAN

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,000 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

gotcha....I said it was like living next door to hooligans that the cops are agraid of.

Everyone knows the USA are world cops!

send in the royal canadian kilted yaksmen!

#18 bredy087

bredy087

The Comeback Kid

• HUDDLER
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:42 PM

The Kims are more focused on holding onto power than anything else. NK will constantly threaten and complain. They know they could do some good damage to SK, but they aren't a real threat to the US.

#19 Proudiddy

Proudiddy

The Thread Killer (Since 2004)

• Moderators
  • 15,459 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

Let's clone Dennis Rodman and put one of him in each state and one in South Korea. Problem Solved.

#20 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,561 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 06:27 PM

Proudiddy. This is very similar to the headlines that Israel has plans to attack Iran imminently that I see posted on other boards all the time. (not attacking you, it's a fair question wrt NK) That headline has been posted every 3-6 months for the past 20 years and people still react to it.

NK isn't attacking us anytime soon. SK is there but Japan especially is nervous as hell. NK will lob a bomb at Japan long before they try to do anything to us. And Russia and China are on our side in this fight. We will not have to fight the fight if it happens.

NK just doesn't have the technology to get away with it. And we have the ability to effectively destroy the country pretty quickly if anything does happen. That's not a good end game for the esteemed leader. They need our aid.

I think NK's best bet to attack the US would be something subversive like attacking the power grid. I worry way more about that than traditional attacks.

#21 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,342 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:25 PM

Some guy on Facebook posted that we needed to go after South Korea before they came after us and unfriended me when I told him how dumb he was. I wish he hadn't done that, as I see a great future for him as a Tea Party candidate and it would be cool to know a Senator.

#22 g5jamz

g5jamz

Is back

• HUDDLER
  • 18,512 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 10:01 PM

Everyone knows the only reason we don't have a massive troop presence in Japan is because democrats believe our weight will tip the island over.

http://www.cbsnews.c...567-503544.html

#23 h0llywood

h0llywood

I HATE LUKE KUECHLY!

• ALL-PRO
  • 2,373 posts
  • LocationPasadena, CA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:58 PM

North Korea Claims Nuclear Missles are on Standby.
http://abcnews.go.co...ory?id=18684653

#24 Niner National

Niner National

• HUDDLER
  • 3,488 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

I seriously doubt anything will happen, but if they so much as launch a convention missile into SK (and not some uninhabited SK rock in the ocean), the shortest war in the history of mankind will follow.

China will not aid them in war. Their trade relationships with the rest of the world are too important. They may provide humanitarian assistance, but they will not help them militarily.

NK has a lot of soldiers, but they're poorly equipped and nourished. SK should have a missile locked onto every dear leader statue as well as their burial places just to completely demoralize the North Koreans.

#25 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,044 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Some guy on Facebook posted that we needed to go after South Korea before they came after us and unfriended me when I told him how dumb he was. I wish he hadn't done that, as I see a great future for him as a Tea Party candidate and it would be cool to know a Senator.

Well, you have to admit we would definitely take them by surprise. :)

#26 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,044 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:06 PM

I seriously doubt anything will happen, but if they so much as launch a convention missile into SK (and not some uninhabited SK rock in the ocean), the shortest war in the history of mankind will follow.

China will not aid them in war. Their trade relationships with the rest of the world are too important. They may provide humanitarian assistance, but they will not help them militarily.

NK has a lot of soldiers, but they're poorly equipped and nourished. SK should have a missile locked onto every dear leader statue as well as their burial places just to completely demoralize the North Koreans.

Not only would China not aid them, my guess is that they would secretly be rooting for the other side. In 1950 when the communist regime in China was young, they were very concerned about being attacked by the west allied with the nationalist chinese. China is now powerful enough and secure enough that they don't really have to worry about it. North Korea is a pain in the a$$ for them, one that they would really like to see go away.

#27 CCS

CCS

Glutton for heart break and punishment

• HUDDLER
  • 3,385 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:32 AM

I think it's bound to happen eventually. The leaders of that country are too batshit insane for it not to happen. But luckily I don't think they'd do much real damage before they were annihilated.

#28 PhillyB

PhillyB

that jungle football

• ALL-PRO
  • 20,532 posts
  • Locationthird spur east of the sun

Posted 09 March 2013 - 04:51 PM

kingdom of elbonia

#29 Chimera

Chimera

Membrane

• HUDDLER
  • 10,808 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 05:43 PM

It's been the same song and dance for the last 60 years.
They make threats. We give humanitarian aid for appeasement. They get low on supplies. They make threats. We give humanitarian aid for appeasement. They get low on supplies. They make threats. We give humanitarian aid for appeasement. They get low on supplies. They make threats.
Do I really need to keep going?

And some people need to read up on eastern warfare. It's not like western warfare - high body counts and controlling a piece of land. There's a reason our military is generally unsuccessful against eastern foes.

#30 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 17,044 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:17 PM

And some people need to read up on eastern warfare. It's not like western warfare - high body counts and controlling a piece of land. There's a reason our military is generally unsuccessful against eastern foes.

Like Japan, the Philippines, and North Korea (before the Chinese stepped in)?

Only once has our military been unsuccessful against Eastern military forces, and then it was because we had to fight a partial war, ie a police action.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com