• Please log in to reply
185 replies to this topic

#76 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:03 PM

NK declaring that they are now in a "state of war" against SK. Able to fire half a million rounds of artillery at SK in the first one of conflict...you'd think that would give them a quick upperhand!!!

http://news.ca.msn.c...ith-south-korea

#77 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

Now there's a reasonable assessment.

North Korea is a lot like Iraq was - a giant army with terrible logistics, and outdated technology. The only difference is that unlike Iraq, a goodly portion of the population might actually consider us as liberators, and China would most certainly step in with humanitarian aid in order to try and get as much China friendly attitudes on their side as possible.

North Korea is a much more closed society than Iraq was. Iraqis did interact to a great extent with the countries around them, whereas NK citizens haven't ever been able to do that. Many Iraqis did welcome us in the early days of the invasion, but I doubt that happens with North Korea. They are far more likely to fear us at first than Iraq was.

But unless North Korea strikes first, we aren't going to invade though no matter who is president, so its a moot point.

#78 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

at the same time, it's interesting timing that the US is doing B52 runs and dropping dummy munitions in SK. Show of power...or an act to provoke the NK?!

#79 thefuzz

thefuzz

coppin a feel

• HUDDLER
  • 8,060 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 01:57 PM

Just a reminder, I think.

#80 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 02:00 PM

B2's actually I think. B52s originally scheduled, but the B2's either supplanted or augmented them.

Just letting them know that we can reach out and touch them if they decide to attack. Fwiw, these exercises (Foal Eagle) are held every year and every year the NK complain and bitch and make threats.

#81 Delhommey

Delhommey

• Moderators
  • 12,536 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 04:55 PM

at the same time, it's interesting timing that the US is doing B52 runs and dropping dummy munitions in SK. Show of power...or an act to provoke the NK?!

Everytime we have a major joint exercise with SK, NK tends to go a little batty. Normally they calm down after.

#82 cookinwithgas

cookinwithgas

Grey Poupon Elitest Trash

• ALL-PRO
  • 23,073 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 08:17 PM

North Korea is a much more closed society than Iraq was. Iraqis did interact to a great extent with the countries around them, whereas NK citizens haven't ever been able to do that. Many Iraqis did welcome us in the early days of the invasion, but I doubt that happens with North Korea. They are far more likely to fear us at first than Iraq was.

But unless North Korea strikes first, we aren't going to invade though no matter who is president, so its a moot point.

I admit that I am going out on a bit of a limb here. The main difference from Iraq, now that I think about it, is that NK, like Japan for example, is a single culture that responds to central control positively. Iraq is a country made up by the West and included 3 main disparate religions that don't get along all that well, along with all kinds of clan issues. An invasion would be followed by a provisional government that would be able to quickly regain control, providing aid from foreign powers, with none of the terrible interregional issues Iraq had.

#83 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,826 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 09:11 PM

Just got this in my In Box: Attached File  toss.jpg   86.73KB   36 downloads

#84 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 06:47 PM

I don't think China will mind what we do with NK.

NK has to be an annoyance at this point.

http://freebeacon.com/border-patrol/

Who knows?

#85 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,608 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 08:11 PM

Delhommey might be in trouble. :)

North Korea plans to attack Hawaii, Los Angeles, New York and Austin Texas. Maybe Kim is a Aggie fan.

"The City has been in contact with federal officials through the Austin Regional Intelligence Center (ARIC) regarding the North Korean threat to Austin. Austin's Homeland Security and Emergency Management department and the Austin Police Department are monitoring the situation, and though they take this very seriously, they do not believe the threats are credible at this time."

My guess is that the North Koreans read what Stratfor's head honcho said about him. Basically that Kim is batshit crazy.

Got to say that Kim Jong-Un definitely has a sense of humor. :)

#86 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:07 PM

I am headed back to Asia in May and my flight goes through Seoul. This could get interesting.

#87 SmootsDaddy89

SmootsDaddy89

Just Say No To Boo

• ALL-PRO
  • 10,190 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 09:11 PM

you guys realize NK and SK have been "in a state of war" with each other since 1950 right? They never signed a peace treaty.

#88 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,701 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 05:59 AM

Yep, they just have a brand new, 28 yr old moron running NK at the moment. He and Rodman are chums, he has perspective out the wazoo.

#89 catfang

catfang

• HUDDLER
  • 6,244 posts

Posted 02 April 2013 - 08:07 AM

Word is that Kim Jong-Un is going batshit crazy because he's too young to have earned the respect of the military. So he's all bravado trying to earn that respect. At the same time, the military and other leaders don't quite know how to deal with a young leader with no experience. Anyone in NK who is sane knows that if they started a war it would mean that NK wouldn't exist for very much longer.

#90 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,140 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 02 April 2013 - 09:04 AM

Don't be surprised if Jong 2 gets ill in a year or less. Like really really really ill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com