#1 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,448 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 07 March 2013 - 05:57 PM

And they said it couldn't get any worse...

B.J. Evans ‏@BobcatsBballPR
. @bobcats news: Ramon Sessions could miss 2-4 weeks w/2nd degree left knee sprain MRI revealed; meniscus/ligament intact, no surgery needed

#2 Murph

Murph

Joe Cool

• HUDDLER
  • 3,886 posts
  • LocationRound about here

Posted 07 March 2013 - 07:28 PM

Oh noes, we may lose by 30 instead of 25 now!!!!

Posted Image

#3 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 07 March 2013 - 08:41 PM

^^^
On the positive side, we'll make more fastbreak layups.

#4 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,937 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 07 March 2013 - 09:29 PM

yeah there goes our playoff chances. This really sucks. My life is over

#5 Eazy-E

Eazy-E

SS89HOF

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

You know you are tanking when your 6th man/ backup PG could miss up to a month and you don't bother replacing him. Reggie Williams at the point, lol.

#6 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 11,937 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:12 PM

see we should have kept Cory Higgens.

#7 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 11 March 2013 - 04:28 PM

On the plus side, Portland might be drafting in the top 12 this year - which would really benefit us.

#8 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location704

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:04 AM

On the plus side, Portland might be drafting in the top 12 this year - which would really benefit us.

Not sure if "benefit" is the right word, it just means we might have one more lottery ticket we can scratch off and end up empty-handed with.

Because in the draft, and really just team management as a whole, we're like the degenerate gambler who will usually give up his good assets (Wallace, Jackson) for next to nothing so we can gamble more, then when we come up snake eyes it's "Well, I didn't really need that anyway."

#9 Sapper

Sapper

Healthy Scratch

• HUDDLER
  • 2,701 posts
  • LocationCharlotte

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:31 PM

Not sure if "benefit" is the right word, it just means we might have one more lottery ticket we can scratch off and end up empty-handed with.

Because in the draft, and really just team management as a whole, we're like the degenerate gambler who will usually give up his good assets (Wallace, Jackson) for next to nothing so we can gamble more, then when we come up snake eyes it's "Well, I didn't really need that anyway."

I just meant more as in draft depth - this year vs. next. Portland's pick next year looks a lot better than this year, but who knows.

#10 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 03:42 PM

has it been 2-4 weeks yet?
Posted Image

#11 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

You're awfully generous with that term. Maybe if one of them was scoring double digits or shooting 40% this year I could see it

#12 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,534 posts
  • Location704

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:17 PM

You're awfully generous with that term. Maybe if one of them was scoring double digits or shooting 40% this year I could see it

Let's take a look, shall we?

Wallace trade:

Bobcats give up Wallace, who was averaging 15.6 points and 8.2 rebounds per game and was 28, one year removed from being an All-Star.

Bobcats gain Joel Przybilla, Sean Marks, Dante Cunningham and 2 1st-round picks. Przybilla/Marks/Cunningham contributed about 4 points a game to the cause before they were let go.
Unless Charlotte hits on a pick, which it has done a whopping 2 times in team history, that trade was garbage. Also, Wallace's numbers are down because he's not being utilized as he was here.

Jackson trade:

Bobcats give up Livingston, a decent PG, Jackson, who was averaging 18.5 points per game, and the 19th pick, for Bismack Biyombo and Corey Maggette.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

OK, now that I've stopped laughing, that wasn't the best trade ever, either. Maggette was flipped into Ben Gordon and a first however, so the jury's still out on it. But looking at the fact we've won 21 games in 2 years and the Heat have won 22 of their last 22, perhaps it's safe to say the team would be better.

At any rate, I just don't buy into the "Suddenly, something's gonna click and Charlotte will be a top 4-5 team in the East!" theory. I don't think it's gonna happen. Personally, compared to the failure we've been experiencing, a 7-8 seed in the playoffs would be Heaven. Though I'm happy we've been able to at least snag and develop Kemba.

I spent too much time on this response. Feel free to beef with me, it'd give me a reason to believe it was worth the time :D

#13 thatlookseasy

thatlookseasy

Death to pennies

• HUDDLER
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 08:48 PM

I spent too much time on this response. Feel free to beef with me, it'd give me a reason to believe it was worth the time :D

Sure, why not.

Your idea is to keep Wallace and Jackson, keep going for the 8th seed and settle for picks in the 9-15 range? Of course, that would have meant drafting too late to take MKG (and maybe Kemba). So now you have a team built around Stephen Jackson in his mid 30s, and a 30 year old Gerald Wallace who still cant shoot and doesnt have the athleticism to compensate anymore.

Frankly, they were traded at the right time (though Portland got more trading Wallace to Brooklyn, but that was a terrible trade by the Nets so you cant really expect that), the problem is obviously the draft picks.

#14 bLACKpANTHER

bLACKpANTHER

º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸¸„ø¤º

• HUDDLER
  • 2,804 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 08:53 AM

i agree on both ends..

the time of the trades was right for the players- not for the team..
this team needed to win games and has needed to win games to establish more of a fanbase.. keep butts in the seats

however the players were basically at the end of the peak of their game. We cashed in on them at the highest point. I think we needed to make the trades but i dont think the "Plan" has worked to perfection like we would all have liked..

#15 GamecockSmitty4

GamecockSmitty4

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 855 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 10:16 AM

We're not even two years into the rebuild and people are already saying that it's doomed? We cashed in on those assets at the perfect time. Got rid of their contracts and added draft picks. And nobody saying it is just going to click. We are bad on purpose. To add more core players through the draft. Right now we have Kemba, MKG, and possibly Biz (WAAAAAY to early to tell on him. Everyone knew he was going to be a long term project).

At this point in OKC's rebuild, Kevin Durant was looking like Kevin Durant, but neither Westbrook or Ibaka looked all that special. Obviously, we don't have Durant (and will never have a Durant), but our core is not looking too shabby either. Kemba is really looking good, MKG is looking very promising, and Biz still has a long way to go (which was expected) but has the tools to get there. At the end of the second year of their rebuild, OKC had won 23 games.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users