Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How do I learn to respect people and put my ego aside?

32 posts in this topic

Posted

It's impossible to form any kind of respectable opinion about this without actually seeing how you interacted with these Frat dudes in person.

If it's a professional business frat shouldn't they have addressed your failings at an earlier point ?

Sounds like the Econ nerds are pissed that they are Econ nerds and needed to exert superiority on someone.

In life treat people as you want to be treated.

Posted

Business is a tad different than life. Determine if there is any chance that an individual can help/hinder your progress. Not just in the now but 10 years from now. that whole "burning bridges" thing is true. If the answer is "no, they can't help or hinder me" then tell them to fug off and get out of your way. Its OK to play the game when you need to if it is going to help you succeed. But i respect bottom-line people. If you don't want to buy what I'm selling tell me to fug off, I'm a man I can take it.

Posted

you will learn real quick that this is a real small world. You will turn around one day and find that person you told to fug off is now your CEO!!!!

Posted

14sd4xc.jpg

Posted

1. You're nothing ... yet. A shart stain on the underpants of life. The sooner you learn that, the better.

2. Grow up. You've got a long way to go.

3. The quickest way to learn will be when you get your ass handed to you. Professionally, mentally, or economically.

Posted

I asked one of the members whom I trusted and she (this is a coed business fraternity) said that the brothers thought I came off as unprofessional which gave them the impression that I wasn't willing to complete the requirements by their due date. It doesn't make any sense but whatever, there's nothing I can do. Showing disrespect is a problem I've had throughout life. I just want to correct it before it's too late. Is it really something that just comes with maturity? I mean I'm only 20 which, as BrooklynBully said, is just a shitstain on the underpants.

Posted

A business frat?

I thought they had to take anyone

This explains it a bit more.

Posted

I'm agree with Kurb... sounds like either a power trip or a personal issue someone (or some group) had with you.

Otherwise why wouldn't they have brought this up with you instead of just kicking you out?

I was in a traditional frat in college and if we had an issue with a pledge it was discussed with him to give him an opportunity to work on it.

Posted

I'm agree with Kurb... sounds like either a power trip or a personal issue someone (or some group) had with you.

Otherwise why wouldn't they have brought this up with you instead of just kicking you out?

I was in a traditional frat in college and if we had an issue with a pledge it was discussed with him to give him an opportunity to work on it.

That doesn't happen here at the University of Tennessee. Instead of working with you on your problems they act passive aggressive about it and exclude you from their circle. And no, this business fraternity is pretty exclusive and nitpicky. You don't have to do much to get dismissed. If anyone cares it's Alpha Kappa Psi.

Posted

That doesn't happen here at the University of Tennessee. Instead of working with you on your problems they act passive aggressive about it and exclude you from their circle. And no, this business fraternity is pretty exclusive and nitpicky. You don't have to do much to get dismissed. If anyone cares it's Alpha Kappa Psi.

Well that's pretty shitty... best advice I have is move on. Put it behind you.

You're obviously aware now that you may show some potential to not treat people in as professional a manner as would be appropriate.

There's also the potential that that particular group of people are pretentious assholes and you didn't need to be associated with them anyway...

Either way, use it as a learning experience and grow from it.

Posted

Fug 'em. Make your own frat and challenge them to a dance off, "You Got Served" style.

2 people like this

Posted

TNPanther. Sounds like you believe this is an underlying problem for you. "Showing disrespect is a problem I've had throughout life." I am sure that UT has a wonderful counseling department. Pay them a visit. You want to work on this, and you recognize it is a problem...so it would probably be a great experience for you.