Photo
- - - - -

How do I learn to respect people and put my ego aside?

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#11 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationMontford
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:01 AM

I try to set the tone with the mindset I'm going to learn from someone and go from there.

The one thing I can't do is kiss ass. I have to call it like I see it. It may have cost me on the corporate ladder but my soul and honor is intact. Now my wallet is another matter.

#12 Doyle

Doyle

Headed to the county line

• LocationRichardson's toilet
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:04 AM

I don't know how anyone could take "The Brotherhood" seriously.

#13 Kurb

Kurb

I hit it.

• LocationILM
Administrators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:05 AM

It's impossible to form any kind of respectable opinion about this without actually seeing how you interacted with these Frat dudes in person.

If it's a professional business frat shouldn't they have addressed your failings at an earlier point ?

Sounds like the Econ nerds are pissed that they are Econ nerds and needed to exert superiority on someone.

In life treat people as you want to be treated.

#14 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• LocationOn a Sales Call
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 10:18 AM

Business is a tad different than life. Determine if there is any chance that an individual can help/hinder your progress. Not just in the now but 10 years from now. that whole "burning bridges" thing is true. If the answer is "no, they can't help or hinder me" then tell them to fug off and get out of your way. Its OK to play the game when you need to if it is going to help you succeed. But i respect bottom-line people. If you don't want to buy what I'm selling tell me to fug off, I'm a man I can take it.

#15 Hawk

Hawk

Banned

Moderators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:19 AM

you will learn real quick that this is a real small world. You will turn around one day and find that person you told to fug off is now your CEO!!!!

#16 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:22 AM

Posted Image

#17 Brooklyn Bully

Brooklyn Bully

Sell it, Jerry

HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

1. You're nothing ... yet. A shart stain on the underpants of life. The sooner you learn that, the better.

2. Grow up. You've got a long way to go.

3. The quickest way to learn will be when you get your ass handed to you. Professionally, mentally, or economically.

#18 TNPanther

TNPanther

Jimmie Rustler

• LocationKnoxville, TN
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I asked one of the members whom I trusted and she (this is a coed business fraternity) said that the brothers thought I came off as unprofessional which gave them the impression that I wasn't willing to complete the requirements by their due date. It doesn't make any sense but whatever, there's nothing I can do. Showing disrespect is a problem I've had throughout life. I just want to correct it before it's too late. Is it really something that just comes with maturity? I mean I'm only 20 which, as BrooklynBully said, is just a shitstain on the underpants.

#19 Panthro

Panthro

aka Pablo

Moderators

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:08 PM

A business frat?

I thought they had to take anyone

This explains it a bit more.

#20 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• LocationWilmington, NC
HUDDLER

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:13 PM

I'm agree with Kurb... sounds like either a power trip or a personal issue someone (or some group) had with you.

Otherwise why wouldn't they have brought this up with you instead of just kicking you out?

I was in a traditional frat in college and if we had an issue with a pledge it was discussed with him to give him an opportunity to work on it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users