85 replies to this topic

#76 dimbee

dimbee

Rabble Rouser

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,884 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:42 PM

Afghanistan is far more complicated than that. We didn't create the Taliban or Al Qaeda. Its likely they would have existed even without our putting funds into afghanistan.

And imo, the collapse of the Soviet Union (a mortal threat to the US) was important enough that I wouldn't change a thing in that regard even knowing what I know now.

USA/Afg/Osama Bin Laden v USSR = Fall of USSR = Al Qaeda/Taliban = 9/11 = No worries/USA win!

:lol:

#77 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:43 PM

Ain't no way the Rams put up 30 on that Defense. Get real.

How many did the Dolphins score? Rams scored more points than the Dolphins even when they were pulling Warner and Faulk in the fourth quarter of every game.

#78 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:47 PM

USA/Afg/Osama Bin Laden v USSR = Fall of USSR = Al Qaeda/Taliban = 9/11 = No worries/USA win!

Hogwash.

One, Osama bin Laden was a minor role player in the war with the Mujahadeen and he certainly wasn't on the side of the US.

Two, the war in Afghanistan played a role in the collapse of the Soviets. It cost a economy that was already struggling to meet the basic needs of its citizens a small fortune. I am not even sure how that can be debated? You would be hard pressed to find a even a small handful of decent historians who would disagree with that assessment.

#79 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:55 PM

Hogwash.

One, Osama bin Laden was a minor role player in the war with the Mujahadeen and he certainly wasn't on the side of the US.

Two, the war in Afghanistan played a role in the collapse of the Soviets. It cost a economy that was already struggling to meet the basic needs of its citizens a small fortune. I am not even sure how that can be debated? You would be hard pressed to find a even a small handful of decent historians who would disagree with that assessment.

Just one Fiz.

#80 Davidson Deac II

Davidson Deac II

• HUDDLER
  • 16,416 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

Just one Fiz.

I said decent historians, not message board commando. :)

#81 AKPantherFan

AKPantherFan

Cam Can....Can you...

• HUDDLER
  • 4,836 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:29 PM

the US backed afgan/USSR war helped break the soviet union. Any idiot who has ever been to a college level History course knows this, Hell, any dumbass watching the history channel can get the same lesson for free.

#82 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,610 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:54 PM

Well, hell, if you're going to quantify every minimal occurrence during The Ronny's reign with the fall of the USSR, then go ahead. Your initial post is horsepoo, though

What minimal occurrence did I mention? And your response is mule dung.

That Aghanistan and the US military buildup under Reagan (which actually started under Carter) played a role in the collapse of the Soviet Union is really not even debatable.

Pay attention Fiz. This is how it's done.

Rep for both.

#83 xPUREBYBLOODx

xPUREBYBLOODx

StraightXXXLife

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:03 AM

he has to be in power. He fits the world agenda and prophetic events of the end just as Netanyahu. Democracy is an illusion to begin with. I know I am effin NUTZ. Won't be nutz for long<3

#84 Kevin Greene

Kevin Greene

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 16,610 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 12:24 AM

Just one Fiz.

I said decent historians, not message board commando. :)

#85 tommy gun

tommy gun

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:29 AM

now they are doing an "investigation" into the election results. you know the "investigation" will be a sham. i trust them about as far as i can throw them.

#86 Matt Foley

Matt Foley

• HUDDLER
  • 15,983 posts

Posted 15 June 2009 - 09:41 AM

now they are doing an "investigation" into the election results. you know the "investigation" will be a sham. i trust them about as far as i can throw them.

Obama wanted to sit down with Ahmajenidad, or whatever his name is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.