Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I can't believe I did that

11 posts in this topic

Posted

We were getting our raises and bonuses yesterday. I got a good bonus but a shitty raise. I got so mad that I went to my CFO office I asked him his reasoning behind my raise, then I told him what I got is not enough and I need more. He looked shocked... I don't think anyone every did that to him.

Posted

So how'd that work out for you? My fiancee is considering asking for a bigger raise than what she was recently awarded.

Posted

Not sure yet. He said he'll look into it. I sort of told him that I'm not happy but I love the company and yada yada. If I don't hear anything in 3 months, I will start looking elsewhere.

Posted

not a bad idea...as long as you did it professionally and respectfully....one things for sure...you don't get if you don't ask!

1 person likes this

Posted

Exactly. At least now he won't feel like I completely screwed him if I decide to move on to another company.

Posted

Agree with Hawk... if you think you're worth more than you're being paid, def ask. The answer may be no, but it's definitely no if you don't ask.

Posted

I got a big zero pay increase. My boss was shocked and said it was due to these rankings and asked if wanted to see and I said the way I analyze things better not.

The next day I got the obligatory email where they found another candidate for thisone gig I was trying to get.

But with the issues/problems I see for others I can't complain.

Maybe if I was status quo I would move up faster. Lol

Posted

I am your CFO, please see me first thing in the morning, and bring a cardboard box to work with you.

Posted

Ok, sounds good. You gonna feel it up with my raise?

Posted

Haven't felt up a box in a good while, it is a possibility.

Posted

lol

Arsen u make me laugh bro. Nice one stirs.