Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gamble

196 posts in this topic

Posted

Atlanta or TB are likely destinations for him. As a Panther fan, I hope his 2013 season mirrors the 2012 season he had in Carolina.

Posted

Are you done stroking your mini-me?

Yes, he's not a HOF'er like Smitty, but he's been The Panthers best CB in franchise history. Unless we acquire a Revis, a Woodson, or a Sanders, Gamble was the greatest CB that has ever graced Carolina.

Eric Davis wasnt far off. He may not have had the same length of tenure, but he was very good.

Posted

Gonna miss Gamble big time. Thanks for the football playing!

Posted

great player, but last season was evidence we'll be fine without him.

good luck chris, just don't go to an NFCS team.

Posted

Gamble hasn't shown much over the last 4 years. 2008 was his last good year but it was very good and he was solid before that. He is not a game changer anymore.

Posted

Best wishes to him as he was a solid player and he will be missed. I know it was time and the cap hit necessitated the change...I hope we solidify the secondary by whatever means necessary!

Posted

Eric Davis wasnt far off. He may not have had the same length of tenure, but he was very good.

K. Lucas was solid too.

Posted

Probably our best corner ever when you factor in longevity. 8 years here with 6 of them being pretty awesome. Thanks for everything.

Posted

K. Lucas was solid too.

Lucas and Gamble were a lot of fun when they were having interception contests and the what not.

Posted

I'll eat crow. I swore we would keep him. I'm sure we have a plan in place but i'm awfully anxious about it. Our secondary is by far the worst I've seen.

Posted

Gamble hasn't shown much over the last 4 years. 2008 was his last good year but it was very good and he was solid before that. He is not a game changer anymore.

Nope this couldn't be more wrong. I believe it was two years ago, Riveras first year, he ranked 2nd behind Revis in advanced statistics for a CB. He has a great year and was considered a pro bowl snub.

Posted

Nope this couldn't be more wrong. I believe it was two years ago, Riveras first year, he ranked 2nd behind Revis in advanced statistics for a CB. He has a great year and was considered a pro bowl snub.

While you are correct( it was the 2011 season), go diddle yourself with a sharp stick.

1 person likes this