Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Gamble

196 posts in this topic

Posted

Nope this couldn't be more wrong. I believe it was two years ago, Riveras first year, he ranked 2nd behind Revis in advanced statistics for a CB.

You must have a different definition of second.

Advanced stats for the last 4 years

2012 - 155

2011 - 59

2010 - 81

2009 - 48

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?year=2012&pos=CB&season=all

Revis was #1 in 2009 and 2011

Posted

At his age, do you think someone picks him up? Because maybe we could resign him for a lot less?

Posted

While you are correct( it was the 2011 season), go diddle yourself with a sharp stick.

All I read was that I was correct. THANKS FLOPPIN

Posted

You must have a different definition of second.

Advanced stats for the last 4 years

2012 - 155

2011 - 59

2010 - 81

2009 - 48

http://wp.advancednflstats.com/defenderstats.php?year=2012&pos=CB&season=all

Revis was #1 in 2009 and 2011

It was 2011 he was second in the NFL for QB rating against. Guy had a great year.

Posted

It was 2011 he was second in the NFL for QB rating against. Guy had a great year.

If they chose prowbowlers based on one stat and ignored everything else he may have made it it.

He had a decent year

Posted

If they chose prowbowlers based on one stat and ignored everything else he may have made it it.

He had a decent year

Well I also watched him that year and he consistently played great on other teams number one receiver, but no you are right. Gamble sucked. Wasn't good since 08. Good riddance to that bum. He was soooo lucky that QBs were unable to complete passes to their WR leading to such a low QB rating. I don't understand how Gamble left them so open all the time and the QB and WR were never able to connect.

Posted

He had a decent year

Wrong. 2011 was one Gamble's best seasons. Much better than decent. Thats why as understandable as this cut is, it stinks because Chris really looked like he fit perfectly in our new defensive scheme.

Posted

Wrong. 2011 was one Gamble's best seasons. Much better than decent. Thats why as understandable as this cut is, it stinks because Chris really looked like he fit perfectly in our new defensive scheme.

He was back to performing pretty pedestrian prior to his injury last year.

Posted

At his age, do you think someone picks him up? Because maybe we could resign him for a lot less?

lol someone will DEFINITELY pick him up. he's a very talented corner and he's not even 30.

Posted

lol someone will DEFINITELY pick him up. he's a very talented corner and he's not even 30.

For three more days.

Posted

For three more days.

even so, 30 isn't poo. he has at least 2 good years in him.

Posted

Well I also watched him that year and he consistently played great on other teams number one receiver, but no you are right. Gamble sucked. Wasn't good since 08. Good riddance to that bum. He was soooo lucky that QBs were unable to complete passes to their WR leading to such a low QB rating. I don't understand how Gamble left them so open all the time and the QB and WR were never able to connect.

You are bad at this and getting defensive.

Gamble is simply not that big of a loss. I think he is past his prime and can make a serviceable CB somewhere perhaps. NFL experience is worth something.

We haven't had a great backfield in a while.