• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#61 Kuech the Sneak

Kuech the Sneak

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,423 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:47 PM

Interesting how none of the Panthers players are wishing Chris good luck, or farewells.

I'm sure some of them have called/texted him. Not everything is available through social media

#62 Icege

Icege

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,700 posts
  • LocationCharleston, SC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

Thanks Chris. :(

#63 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:50 PM

I'm sure some of them have called/texted him. Not everything is available through social media

but that's not a stupid over the top nonsensical story so were gonna ignore that fact

#64 CPF4LIFE

CPF4LIFE

• HUDDLER
  • 4,480 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Better hope we have the same pass rush as last year or this is gonna be a long season again. And some of you are gonna get a rude awakening if we dont.

#65 panther4life

panther4life

• HUDDLER
  • 4,654 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:54 PM

I'm honestly not as concerned with our secondary as some of you guys are. They played pretty well after Gamble went down - improving on overall pass defense as the year went on, in fact.

Our secondary is in a good position to allow for some young talent to be brought along slowly, while Dockery, Thomas, and Norman hold down the fort.

100% agree and I loved Gamble

#66 The Huddler

The Huddler

St. Thomas Aquinas

• HUDDLER
  • 3,927 posts
  • LocationRadford University

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:55 PM

Probowl next year and playoffs for him. And we will bite his dust.

#67 Mr. Scot

Mr. Scot

Football Historian

• HUDDLER
  • 36,922 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

I think Rivera is one of those guys who might lean a little more on the pass rush in order to help the secondary look better in coverage.

it's been known to work, but it has to be consistent and you still need DBs who are at least decent.

#68 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 08 March 2013 - 12:56 PM

I'd like to think DG had a plan before cutting CG, which is why it took a while to cut. Otherwise its like cutting off your hand and then looking for a surgeon. Would still like to draft a DT first, but hopefully sign a FA CB and draft a CB prospect later in draft. Needless to say thats our biggest hole now..

#69 stirs

stirs

I Reckon So

• HUDDLER
  • 10,205 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

With all the praise, you'd think he was headed for Canton.

#70 Killa Cam 69

Killa Cam 69

King of the Hill

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 184 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:10 PM

With all the praise, you'd think he was headed for Canton.

Yeah he was pretty good but damnnn I didn't know people were this in love with him

#71 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:11 PM

He was a good, solid starter. Nothing more. In fact, I think he underachieved to a degree. Not great, just good.
I would have kept him if possible, but I do not think it was possible. This is a great example of how Marty Hurney's last few years cost the team--overpay the core, draft poorly, and ignore some positions at the top of the draft.

#72 MHS831

MHS831

• HUDDLER
  • 6,718 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:14 PM

There are a lot of CBs in free agency---I think Gettlemen will wait a bit and sign one on the cheap--maybe Gamble.

#73 Miiikey

Miiikey

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSun Diego

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

It's pretty risky to cut Chris..some would say, a gamble.

(sorry)

#74 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,582 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah he was pretty good but damnnn I didn't know people were this in love with him

He is a nine year starter that has had more ups than downs but his career arch mirrors the Panthers success. One season good then shaky the next and the last few years he has been injured and had a benching in the last three years.

He definitely was trending on a decline and football guys do not typically have a resurgance late in their career.

When the secondary got better with a Josh Thomas and most eveyone forgot Gamble was even on the team as it really never affected the defensive performance. In other words if he came back late last season I do not think the defensive secondary would have improved much except in name recognigition only.

With that said HOLY CRAP our secondary is in shambles..now I would beg for a Capitan Munnerlyn but he has to play nickle.

#75 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

The holy ghost of Mr. Miyagi

• HUDDLER
  • 5,582 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 08 March 2013 - 01:18 PM

Is he from the Cleveland area? wonder if he would be target by a local team in the Ohios.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.