#106 Floppin

Floppin

Smooches

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,662 posts
  • LocationShallotte, NC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

lol someone will DEFINITELY pick him up. he's a very talented corner and he's not even 30.

For three more days.

#107 nickzz

nickzz

o

• HUDDLER
  • 2,884 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:22 PM

For three more days.

even so, 30 isn't poo. he has at least 2 good years in him.

#108 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,556 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:25 PM

Well I also watched him that year and he consistently played great on other teams number one receiver, but no you are right. Gamble sucked. Wasn't good since 08. Good riddance to that bum. He was soooo lucky that QBs were unable to complete passes to their WR leading to such a low QB rating. I don't understand how Gamble left them so open all the time and the QB and WR were never able to connect.

You are bad at this and getting defensive.

Gamble is simply not that big of a loss. I think he is past his prime and can make a serviceable CB somewhere perhaps. NFL experience is worth something.

We haven't had a great backfield in a while.

#109 csx

csx

• HUDDLER
  • 7,263 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:34 PM

In 2011 Pro Football focus had him rated as their 17th best CB with a 6th best QB ranking when thrown in his direction. It was a good year, his best but far from making him the 2nd best CB in the league. He is gone because of Hurney's mismanagment of the cap and his injuries.

#110 Gabeking

Gabeking

• ALL-PRO
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

It's pretty risky to cut Chris..some would say, a gamble.

(sorry)

#111 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Gamble was good, but not 7 million good. We honestly did better later on in the season on D when he was on IR, whether he was part of the problem, or we could just get by without him. I think Norman/Thomas are servicable, but we need to bring in a legit #1 or #2 corner and upgrade FS.Goodbye Gamble, enjoyed your years here.

#112 BigEric

BigEric

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

On PAPER this secondary looks bad.. but it has performed well when Chris went on IR. I'm not opposed to bringing in another CB via draft or FA but I don't think its the most dire need on the team. I like what Thomas did at CB, a lot. Who knows what he's capable of over 16 games. And honestly, I don't love our safety situation but Campbell, a lot like Thomas, played well.

#113 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 20,254 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:51 PM

Whats our cap now?

Like $8 gazillions

But I ain't no cap genius

#114 Keep Pounding

Keep Pounding

Smith & Wesson 460

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,782 posts
  • LocationIn your backyard!!!!

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:53 PM

stumbled across this on ESPN. I guess we released Gamble on the same day we released Hoover a few years ago

On this date in 2010, the Carolina Panthersreleased veteran fullback Brad Hoover.

The move stunned and angered fans because Hoover, who played high school and college football in North Carolina, was a fan favorite. He had spent 10 seasons with the Panthers and was a steady performer throughout that time.

http://espn.go.com/b...south-history-7

#115 SCPantherFan90

SCPantherFan90

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 204 posts
  • LocationSC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

He was back to performing pretty pedestrian prior to his injury last year.

Pedestrian is a tad harsh IMO, but you're right, his early 2012 play wasn't on the same level. From a fan's perspective it's impossible to know exactly what's really going on with injuries and such, but he only made it to week 4 before taking a seat. I wouldn't put it out of the realm of possibility for his shoulder to cause problems leading up to that time. Those who have even just tweaked their shoulder know how much it can limit physical activity, and that pain will linger for a while too.

I'm not claiming Chris to be a HOFer or anything, but he was a solid player for us when he was healthy. Gotta make sure people appreciate that :D

#116 GoCarolina8990

GoCarolina8990

All Day

• HUDDLER
  • 2,738 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:03 PM

Yeah...even though I and most here envisioned this coming its still a little bit sad now that it actually happened

#20 gonna miss ya

#117 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,621 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:20 PM

Yeah...even though I and most here envisioned this coming its still a little bit sad now that it actually happened

#20 gonna miss ya

Dont be sad we may end up signing him back.With the cowgirls and foreskins without cap and the teams with cap that never spend it some of these guys may not be getting what they want out of this FA market.

#118 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,753 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:23 PM

I was hoping for a restructure with a deal that awarded games played, but I understand this move.

For me, this makes keeping Munnerlyn more important.

#119 bigdog10

bigdog10

• HUDDLER
  • 2,410 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 03:57 PM

I've hated Chris Gamble since the Minnesota game in 2006 (I believe that was the year???).

I for one, will never get over the backwards lateral play. It has left a deep scar.

and fwiw, I know it was Danny Crossman and John Fox's that called the play, but Gamble executed it (or lack thereof)

#120 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 04:43 PM

This was expected 2 months ago. A no-brainer decision.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com