• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

As teams are allowed to start talking to FAs around midnight tonight and signing them will happen this coming Tuesday. My question is since we have released Gamble. Where is our cap standing right now? Are we just on the borderline of the cap around 123 million mark or are we under the cap now? I mean I know we ain't really going to go after no one big this year. But just want to know how much money we have to work with right now to sign a few decent name guys.

#2 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

We're under the cap by about 4-5 million.. I think we should still re-work some of the bigger contracts I'd hate to restructure and push the money to another year -_-

#3 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:13 PM

3.7 million under is what I understand. However I have no understanding of the cap so my post is useless.

#4 PantherAZ

PantherAZ

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:17 PM

We're under the cap by about 4-5 million.. I think we should still re-work some of the bigger contracts I'd hate to restructure and push the money to another year -_-

Why pay today, there's always tomorrow. Nice to see that our salary cap situation is being managed like a department store credit card.

#5 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,128 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:18 PM

pt gotz about 6 millions in cap space...time to spend(die) *jokes*

#6 Pantherman

Pantherman

• HUDDLER
  • 2,060 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Well at least that is something to work with. We want land anyone big name like Jennings or Wallace or anything. But at least it gives us some money to work with to get a few decent players for this year that can fill the holes in D and offense. But Scott I agree with you. It would be nice see them restructure a few more big contracts to give us some more room to maybe have a chance at Jennings or something. But time will tell.

#7 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 08 March 2013 - 11:20 PM

Why pay today, there's always tomorrow. Nice to see that our salary cap situation is being managed like a department store credit card.

LOL!

#8 ZeroZeroSeven

ZeroZeroSeven

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 06:53 AM

So just to clarify, are we completely free of Gamble's contract? Or is he still on the books for next year?

#9 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,408 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:30 AM

Free and clear of Gamble.

#10 Panthers4lyfe

Panthers4lyfe

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 422 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 07:35 AM

Completely free. No gurrented Money so we don't owe him a dime

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.