• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Moves:

Re-sign Dwan DT
Sign Kevin Boothe RG
Sign Isaac Sopoaga NT (I think our 2013 starting nose tackle could be in the FA market)

Draft:

1 - Xavier Rhodes -- CB Florida St.

-Starting CB, I don't think its a given the Bucs go CB

2 - Terrance Williams -- WR Baylor

-Starting caliber WR imo and I absolutely love how well rounded he is. The most fluid receiver in the draft imo. From his routes to the way he runs to his ability to make big plays. He's right there with Hopkins for me with Patton being slightly behind.

4 - DJ Swearinger -- FS South Carolina

-We need bodies back there in the secondary; he's a good fit and it seems a popular 4th rounder on this board hehe

5 - Hugh Thornton -- OG Illinois

-We need depth on the line because the guys we had this past year in those roles were pretty damn bad. Add Boothe in the FA, get some better backups

6 - Ricky Wagner -- OT Wisconsin (they know how to produce NFL OLs)

-Wagner is worth taking a look at.

6 - K

-Get a kicker :)

-Even though we have a gaping hole at NT with only Fua, I actually like our backup DTs in Kearse, Chandler, and Neblett.

end

#2 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

I don't hate it, but Rhodes isn't a good fit for our scheme. Trufant would be a much better CB in Carolina's system....

#3 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,128 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:20 AM

I don't hate it, but Rhodes isn't a good fit for our scheme. Trufant would be a much better CB in Carolina's system....

How so? just curioso

#4 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:28 AM

How so? just curioso

Rhodes is much better in a man coverage system where he can press and get physical with the WR. Trufant played some press at Washington but is much more familiar, and excels at playing off coverage like the Panthers do.

#5 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:42 AM

Rhodes is much better in a man coverage system where he can press and get physical with the WR. Trufant played some press at Washington but is much more familiar, and excels at playing off coverage like the Panthers do.

Where were you in my mock draft thread to explain this to the children who think Tru is a reach at 14 lol...

#6 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 11:47 AM

Where were you in my mock draft thread to explain this to the children who think Tru is a reach at 14 lol...

Eh I normally get called a Pac homer when I try to say anything about their prospects. Try to hold back until the general masses start regarding one of them as a can't miss guy. Certain guys that I know A LOT about (Woods) I'll go to bat for though. Just like if anyone starts questioning Marqise's ability at the next level this time next year I'll rip them to pieces....

#7 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:29 PM

I don't like that you didn't take advantage at all with all the young DT coming out in this draft. It's to many DT's in this draft not to at least get one. Then I rather get a Vet CB then add another young one to a already very young group. With all the CB in FA now it will be better to get one there.

#8 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 12:40 PM

I don't like that you didn't take advantage at all with all the young DT coming out in this draft. It's to many DT's in this draft not to at least get one. Then I rather get a Vet CB then add another young one to a already very young group. With all the CB in FA now it will be better to get one there.

how you would you feel about sammie lee hill? seems to be a young rising defensive tackle available in free agency.....

#9 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 09 March 2013 - 01:58 PM

how you would you feel about sammie lee hill? seems to be a young rising defensive tackle available in free agency.....

I would love that but I would still like to spend 1 pick to take advantage of one of the deepest DT classes in decades.

#10 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:02 PM

I would love that but I would still like to spend 1 pick to take advantage of one of the deepest DT classes in decades.

I really like Jordan Hill from PSU, Montori Hughes from Tenn Martin, and T.J. Barnes from GA Tech as middle to late round prospects. Hill and Barnes more of projects, but have the tools to do really well in time....

#11 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,131 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 09 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

oh yeah i love jordan hill too...lol

#12 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• HUDDLER
  • 17,555 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 09 March 2013 - 09:17 PM

That's not real accurate, Josh Thomas almost always played press man, where as Norman would as long as it was a WR he wasn't scared of.

I like Rhodes better and think he'd fit just fine. With Rhodes' size his advantage is his ability to get physical at the line and redirect or disrupt the timing of the route.

#13 C47

C47

89...Panther for Life...

• HUDDLER
  • 12,113 posts

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:04 PM

That's not real accurate, Josh Thomas almost always played press man, where as Norman would as long as it was a WR he wasn't scared of.

I like Rhodes better and think he'd fit just fine. With Rhodes' size his advantage is his ability to get physical at the line and redirect or disrupt the timing of the route.

Could just be the small sample size but that couldn't be further from the truth in the first half of the game against the Saints to end the season. Charted every defensive snap (28 of them), and Thomas was lined up off his man (by at least 7 yards) at a ratio of exactly 3:1 (21 snaps of the 28). Like I said, I would have to watch more games to get an accurate sample, but in that one I picked he was hardly lined up in press almost all the time....

Edit: Second half was much closer with a 20:17 Off to Press ratio but still not almost always press....

#14 DaCityKats

DaCityKats

feed KB 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 8,506 posts
  • LocationDa City

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:09 PM

why would they let one Josh play press man while the other player 10 yards off, and who is better playing in a press man coverage. i remember seeing a lot of cover 2 and 3 with some off man the entire year, but cannot recall any press man.

#15 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,741 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:39 PM

why would they let one Josh play press man while the other player 10 yards off, and who is better playing in a press man coverage. i remember seeing a lot of cover 2 and 3 with some off man the entire year, but cannot recall any press man

Thomas did play a good amount of press man and yes Dockery was playing off. Thought this to be a bit odd myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.