Photo
- - - - -

Gil Brandt now says...

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
85 replies to this topic

#76 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:02 PM

Afraid we will. Rogers has Julio Jones type of traits. It pops up on the tape instantly.

Allen is a good WR but I don't see him worthy of being taken at 14th overall. He's been 'meh' thus far in my opinion. I rather we draft a WR in the second round. A ton of solid talent will be available there (Hunter, Rogers, Bailey, Hopkins, etc).

I'm not with you on the Jones/Rogers comparisons but I do agree that there will be some talented WRs in the 2nd.

One thing that bothers me about Rogers though is that he's not a natural pass catcher. Far too often, he lets the ball get to his body instead of catching with his hands. Don't get me wrong, there are times that he'll make an outstanding catch but more often than not he's a body catcher.

#77 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:33 PM

I'm not with you on the Jones/Rogers comparisons but I do agree that there will be some talented WRs in the 2nd.

One thing that bothers me about Rogers though is that he's not a natural pass catcher. Far too often, he lets the ball get to his body instead of catching with his hands. Don't get me wrong, there are times that he'll make an outstanding catch but more often than not he's a body catcher.

It's a correctable bad habit. Rogers showed improvements at Tennessee Tech so he has more potential than Patterson as a WR. His catching percentage also went up (dropped less passes).

#78 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:37 PM

Nobody outside of top 5 at best ever looks like a "super duper star".. also you must take into account he had one of the worst supporting cast in college football and he was the center of attention on every play.

I remember watching Jarrett highlights....kid looked legit. Always a gamble no matter how good the highlight reel is....

#79 CRA

CRA

Moderators

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:41 PM

Nobody outside of top 5 at best ever looks like a "super duper star".. also you must take into account he had one of the worst supporting cast in college football and he was the center of attention on every play.

I remember watching Jarrett highlights....kid looked legit. Always a gamble no matter how good the highlight reel is....

#80 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:42 PM

It's a correctable bad habit. Rogers showed improvements at Tennessee Tech so he has more potential than Patterson as a WR. His catching percentage also went up (dropped less passes).

Definitely a correctable habit. It's actually a bad habit that many young WRs have.

Also, I'd be interested to know where you found the info about Rogers improved numbers for catching percentage.

#81 panther4life

panther4life

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:47 PM

I agree nobody is ever a lock. Watching highlight tapes and sports science will fool you.

What I try to do is watch these "cut up" tapes where they show you every snap where a receiver was targeted or involved in blocking.Pretty neat as you can see what they did in 5 games in 20 minutes or less. You also see the good and the bad not just the "highlights".

To take it a step further I try to find interviews they have done to get an idea of character and such.

All that being said as fans we don't have a fraction of the info/knowledge the pro's are working with. Fun hobby none the less.

Here's a link to those cut up tapes I was referring to if your interested. http://draftbreakdow...category/videos

#82 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 06:48 PM

rogers looked more like bowe or boldin to me...

#83 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 09:48 PM

Definitely a correctable habit. It's actually a bad habit that many young WRs have.

Also, I'd be interested to know where you found the info about Rogers improved numbers for catching percentage.

I have to do some digging (saved the link a few months ago) but he jumped up 9% from last year.

#84 BigBeezy

BigBeezy

SUPPORTER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:12 PM

I have to do some digging (saved the link a few months ago) but he jumped up 9% from last year.

Ok cool.

#85 OchoNueve

OchoNueve

for those of you that don't habla espanol...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
HUDDLER

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:02 PM

Rather hope that DeAndre Hopkins is available in the 2nd round...

#86 CarolinaCoolin

CarolinaCoolin

SENIOR HUDDLER

HUDDLER

Posted 11 March 2013 - 05:23 AM

Patterson, Kenny, or a monster guard. I mean to be honest the positions we are really looking at we will have someone who we can't go wrong with. Im not worried at all