Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers want Gross to take a pay cut

105 posts in this topic

Posted

waiting to hear something from the Dwill and Beason camp. something has to be done to those deals.

Posted

Exactly. Think about how important he is to this team. How he masks our deficiencies in the secondary, along with Hardy. What scares me is what Hardy is gonna ask for next year...It's gonna be very interesting.

If Frank Alexander develops into a reliable pass-rusher, then I say we tag Hardy and see what we can get for him. But, I don't want to worry about that now.

Posted

I didn't see this coming. Gettleman must have some serious plans for FA.

Posted

Please Gross!

Posted

As his play continues to slip, you gotta hope the pay will too.

Posted

didnt i just say this yesterday on the cap thread.....maybe im an insider ha....!!

Posted

i for one hope gross retires a panther. he's solid, even though he's not one of the best in the league anymore. he is a huge part of the leadership of the offense, and the OL. he's not as penalty prone as he may seem in a game here or there, and he doesn't miss time except for significant injuries. i would think he's the type of player you want to hold onto rather than let go, especially while he's still under contract. i hope they extend him and save cap room that way.

Posted

If Frank Alexander develops into a reliable pass-rusher, then I say we tag Hardy and see what we can get for him. But, I don't want to worry about that now.

Agreed, I have a problem about thinking about the future too much instead of thinking about the present. But that seems like the best option. And I think Frank is gonna be really good.

Posted

I didn't see this coming. Gettleman must have some serious plans for FA.

I wouldn't reach that far, we just need some breathing room in cap space......the amount we have available now isn't even enough for our draft picks, which will have an impact of about 5 million.

Posted

He is not necessarily being asked to take a pay cut but just restructuring the guarantees on his deal.

Posted

He is not necessarily being asked to take a pay cut but just restructuring the guarantees on his deal.

False.

Posted

From what I gathered they are asking him to take a pay cut.