Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Panthers want Gross to take a pay cut

ARSEN    9,450

We will also cut Williams June 1st... so that's another $4m. So really we $8 under cap.

jtnc    3,667

I use that money on Jake Long, Clady, Andre Smith or a vet Eric Winston. Or better yet, get one in the draft.

That's the answer.

All but one of those are right tackles.

jtnc    3,667

Long, Clady, and Winston (Houston) are LTs if I'm correct. Andre is a RT.

There is no way we get Clady, or Long and Winston is a RT recently released from the Chiefs, he also played RT in Houston too. Duane Brown has been the Texans LT for a while now.....

jtnc    3,667

You guys don't understand that quality LT's are going to demand the same, if not more than what Gross is already making.

carolina-chuck    2,761

You guys don't understand that quality LT's are going to demand the same, if not more than what Gross is already making.

They're going to demand the same as what Gross is making now. Why keep paying an aging vet? If he won't take a pay cut, I'd gladly cut him in favor of someone else. Through FA or the draft.

SIGCHI222    6,896

Can Gross get what he is "already making" anywhere else but here?

Take a cut or take a hike.

We love ya, appreciate all you have done/do, hope you retire a Panther, hope you get a ring here, but take a cut or take a hike.

carolina-chuck    2,761

If teams like Pittsburgh can part ways with a guy like James Harrison, Pats with Seymour, Atl with Turner, etc. I see no reasons why we should cry over guys like Gamble and Gross.

As much as I love 34 and I would HATE to see him go, I'd be fine if he was cut. We have too much needs with no money to better us. We need to rid some bad contracts.

PhillyB    40,347

we could do some serious poo with that kind of cap space. gettleman and gross both know it.

panthers have the leverage.

we could do some serious poo with that kind of cap space. gettleman and gross both know it.

panthers have the leverage.

True but damn, cutting Gross would leave such a massive hole in our O-line.