Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jtnc

Panthers want Gross to take a pay cut

105 posts in this topic

And replace him with who?

bring back Otah lolz

Long, Clady, and Winston (Houston) are LTs if I'm correct. Andre is a RT.

There is no way we get Clady, or Long and Winston is a RT recently released from the Chiefs, he also played RT in Houston too. Duane Brown has been the Texans LT for a while now.....

You guys don't understand that quality LT's are going to demand the same, if not more than what Gross is already making.

You guys don't understand that quality LT's are going to demand the same, if not more than what Gross is already making.

They're going to demand the same as what Gross is making now. Why keep paying an aging vet? If he won't take a pay cut, I'd gladly cut him in favor of someone else. Through FA or the draft.

Can Gross get what he is "already making" anywhere else but here?

Take a cut or take a hike.

We love ya, appreciate all you have done/do, hope you retire a Panther, hope you get a ring here, but take a cut or take a hike.

Much like when Gross signed his big contract, this will come down to the last second before it gets done.

If teams like Pittsburgh can part ways with a guy like James Harrison, Pats with Seymour, Atl with Turner, etc. I see no reasons why we should cry over guys like Gamble and Gross.

As much as I love 34 and I would HATE to see him go, I'd be fine if he was cut. We have too much needs with no money to better us. We need to rid some bad contracts.

we could do some serious poo with that kind of cap space. gettleman and gross both know it.

panthers have the leverage.

we could do some serious poo with that kind of cap space. gettleman and gross both know it.

panthers have the leverage.

True but damn, cutting Gross would leave such a massive hole in our O-line.

If teams like Pittsburgh can part ways with a guy like James Harrison, Pats with Seymour, Atl with Turner, etc. I see no reasons why we should cry over guys like Gamble and Gross.

As much as I love 34 and I would HATE to see him go, I'd be fine if he was cut. We have too much needs with no money to better us. We need to rid some bad contracts.

The difference is those teams groomed someone to replace all of those guys. We haven't drafted anyone, nor groomed anyone to replace Gross. Now we're stuck with a 33 year old overpaid LT who's athleticism is beginning to leave him, and making him a question mark as a pass blocker. What's worse, is we're not in the position to draft his replacement at this time....

I hope he takes a reasonable pay cut. He seems like a straight shooter to me. All the interviews he's been in, he has always been straight forward and honest. Even in this article. The last part of it he said he hopes it gets done.

I'm willing to bet he will get it done. I'd hate to see him get cut to.

1 person likes this

I expect they will extends his contract, get his cap numbers down, that well be able to keep him at least another 4 years, regardless which side he plays.