Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:19 AM

http://www.nfl.com/n...ign=Twitter_atl

The Chargers have a history of losing great quality players, or letting go of good players. Not sure why, but Danario Alexander would be a good pick up for this team.

I'm not sure of the schematics of it or how it would work if more than one team is interested in him, but all of that would be stopped if the Chargers do put a 1st round tag on him. With a new regime, I'm not sure they will indeed deem him worth keeping. So who knows.

#2 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,067 posts
  • LocationWITHIN MY MIND'S EYE

Posted 10 March 2013 - 12:54 AM

They have already put a low RFA tender on him

Denario Alexander should be a relatively hot commodity considering that the Bolts put a low RFA tender on him. If he can continue his output, and not get seriously hurt (again), then he could realistically become the best bargain of the draft in my opinion. He is only 24. Being that we are reportedly looking for value, then he would be an obvious choice. He would seemingly be better than either Ramses Barden or Domenik Hixon, because he did a great impression of a WR1.5 in several games.

#3 Raleighcat83

Raleighcat83

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:15 AM

If only our team were willing to consider backup-quality receivers from San Diego

#4 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

However, a history of knee problems that go back to his college days have the Chargers wondering about the future risk. Alexander has had five knee surgeries, and according to Adam Caplan of SIRIUS NFL Radio and PhiladelphiaEagles.com, that could be reflected in a surprisingly low RFA tender. Caplan reports that the Chargers are seriously considering putting the lowest possible tender on Alexander, and since Alexander was an undrafted free agent, they would receive no compensation if another team set an offer that the Chargers decided not to match. That low tender was placed on Saturday and was confirmed by multiple reports.

interesting.. it works out in such a way that he's basically like an unrestricted free agent

Posted Image

#5 rscott94

rscott94

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:23 AM

Since we're talking about someone to keep an eye on... Brent Grimes isn't getting that much attention in FA, I say he's a realistic FA unless he starts gaining attention

#6 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

The Frashmaker

• HUDDLER
  • 14,126 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

whatever happens, let's hope this free agency event isn't a weeks long borefest of scouring d-level free agents to fill in need positions like the last four years have been

#7 Herbert The Love Bug

Herbert The Love Bug

Stripper Name: Bo Dangles

• HUDDLER
  • 12,450 posts
  • Locationtied to your basement wall

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:36 AM

I say bring back Naanee. Wow, he's an awesome retriever

#8 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:45 AM

IF Alexander has put the knee issues behind him (which is a big "IF"), he is the real deal. We could do a whole lot worse. Naane he is not. He is a legitimate WR2 or 3. So the sarcasm is really not merited. The reward certainly outweighs the risk, the lower the price is.

#9 Ivan The Awesome

Ivan The Awesome

That wasn't a Penalty.

• HUDDLER
  • 9,795 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 March 2013 - 01:51 AM

Normally your snide remarks have merit. Not this time though. Alexander would be a great pick up. His numbers are there and Naanee never sniffed those numbers.

#10 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,341 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:01 AM

I agree, legendu noflaws would be a heck of a pass catching for Cameron Jerrell Newton

#11 Zithers

Zithers

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,013 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:16 AM

Danario Alexander is probably my #1 (realistic) wide receiver target in free agency. Can be a good 3rd wideout... much better than Naanee or Murphy.

#12 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,890 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:54 AM

No way San Diego loses their only playmaker for Rivers. Alexander was a god-send after those horrible signings in the off-season (Meachem; Royal).

#13 top dawg

top dawg

The Creative Cat

• HUDDLER
  • 7,067 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:03 AM

No way San Diego loses their only playmaker for Rivers. Alexander was a god-send after those horrible signings in the off-season (Meachem; Royal).

Normally I would agree with you, but they're obviously gambling that Alexander won't get paid market value relative to the potential production that he put on display last season. They want to get him dirt cheap while others may be willing to pay him a little more----perhaps so much that they balk. It may have been a decent gamble, but it's a risky one. If they wanted to lock him up, they would have put first round tender on him.

#14 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,890 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:08 PM

Normally I would agree with you, but they're obviously gambling that Alexander won't get paid market value relative to the potential production that he put on display last season. They want to get him dirt cheap while others may be willing to pay him a little more----perhaps so much that they balk. It may have been a decent gamble, but it's a risky one. If they wanted to lock him up, they would have put first round tender on him.

It's very risky considering The Chargers have no one else. Gates is finished (hasn't stayed healthy in a long time) and V-Jax is now at Tampa making Freeman appear, at least, like a mid-level QB. If San Diego loses him, they'll have to sign another expensive free agent or hit a home run in the draft with a WR. Either way, the odds are against them.

#15 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:15 PM

heard steve breaston and early doucet is available. donald jones and steve smith....lot of good wr out there..................lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com