Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something to keep an eye on.

16 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149110/article/will-the-chargers-risk-losing-danario-alexander?campaign=Twitter_atl

The Chargers have a history of losing great quality players, or letting go of good players. Not sure why, but Danario Alexander would be a good pick up for this team.

I'm not sure of the schematics of it or how it would work if more than one team is interested in him, but all of that would be stopped if the Chargers do put a 1st round tag on him. With a new regime, I'm not sure they will indeed deem him worth keeping. So who knows.

Posted · Report post

[url="http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000149110/article/chargers-place-low-tender-on-wr-danario-alexander"]They have already put a low RFA tender on him[/url]

[size=4][quote name='top dawg' timestamp='1362882933' post='2155973'][/size]
Denario Alexander should be a relatively hot commodity considering that the Bolts put a low RFA tender on him. If he can continue his output, and not get seriously hurt (again), then he could realistically become the best bargain of the draft in my opinion. He is only 24. Being that we are reportedly looking for value, then he would be an obvious choice. He would seemingly be better than either Ramses Barden or Domenik Hixon, because he did a great impression of a WR1.5 in several games.
[/quote]

Posted · Report post

If only our team were willing to consider backup-quality receivers from San Diego

Posted · Report post

[quote]However, a history of knee problems that go back to his college days have the Chargers wondering about the future risk. Alexander has had five knee surgeries, and according to [url="https://twitter.com/caplannfl"]Adam Caplan[/url] of SIRIUS NFL Radio and PhiladelphiaEagles.com, that could be reflected in a surprisingly low RFA tender. Caplan reports that the Chargers are seriously considering putting the lowest possible tender on Alexander,[b] and since Alexander was an undrafted free agent, they would receive no compensation if another team set an offer that the Chargers decided not to match. That low tender was placed on Saturday and was confirmed by multiple reports.[/b][/quote]

interesting.. it works out in such a way that he's basically like an unrestricted free agent

[img]http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lgu2wxvMzZ1qarlhqo1_500.jpg[/img]

Posted · Report post

Since we're talking about someone to keep an eye on... Brent Grimes isn't getting that much attention in FA, I say he's a realistic FA unless he starts gaining attention

Posted · Report post

whatever happens, let's hope this free agency event isn't a weeks long borefest of scouring d-level free agents to fill in need positions like the last four years have been

Posted · Report post

I say bring back Naanee. Wow, he's an awesome retriever

Posted · Report post

[b]IF[/b] Alexander has put the knee issues behind him (which is a big "[b]IF[/b]"), he is the real deal. We could do a whole lot worse. Naane he is not. He is a legitimate WR2 or 3. So the sarcasm is really not merited. The reward certainly outweighs the risk, the lower the price is.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1362897383' post='2156161']
[/quote]

Normally your snide remarks have merit. Not this time though. Alexander would be a great pick up. His numbers are there and Naanee never sniffed those numbers.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Daddy Uncle' timestamp='1362897383' post='2156161']
[/quote]

I agree, legendu noflaws would be a heck of a pass catching for Cameron Jerrell Newton

Posted · Report post

Danario Alexander is probably my #1 (realistic) wide receiver target in free agency. Can be a good 3rd wideout... much better than Naanee or Murphy.

Posted · Report post

No way San Diego loses their only playmaker for Rivers. Alexander was a god-send after those horrible signings in the off-season (Meachem; Royal).