Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Something to keep an eye on.

16 posts in this topic

Posted

No way San Diego loses their only playmaker for Rivers. Alexander was a god-send after those horrible signings in the off-season (Meachem; Royal).

Normally I would agree with you, but they're obviously gambling that Alexander won't get paid market value relative to the potential production that he put on display last season. They want to get him dirt cheap while others may be willing to pay him a little more----perhaps so much that they balk. It may have been a decent gamble, but it's a risky one. If they wanted to lock him up, they would have put first round tender on him.

Posted

Normally I would agree with you, but they're obviously gambling that Alexander won't get paid market value relative to the potential production that he put on display last season. They want to get him dirt cheap while others may be willing to pay him a little more----perhaps so much that they balk. It may have been a decent gamble, but it's a risky one. If they wanted to lock him up, they would have put first round tender on him.

It's very risky considering The Chargers have no one else. Gates is finished (hasn't stayed healthy in a long time) and V-Jax is now at Tampa making Freeman appear, at least, like a mid-level QB. If San Diego loses him, they'll have to sign another expensive free agent or hit a home run in the draft with a WR. Either way, the odds are against them.

Posted

heard steve breaston and early doucet is available. donald jones and steve smith....lot of good wr out there..................lol

Posted

I'd be all for this pick up. Really liked him coming out of Missouri and had it not been for the knee injuries he would've been drafted. He played well last year for SD, so I'm interested to see what the market will be for him as low tendered RFA. I think SD will probably match any offer for him unless it's something completely ridiculous.