#1 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:10 AM

I'm in mockone.net's mock draft (mockthree) as an assistant gm of the Panthers and we are in the 4th round. Our GM is insisting that we take E.J. Manuel here because he fits our offense and would be a much better backup and potential trade bait over the next couple years but I'm just not convinced we would go QB. At least not this early when DT is still a need for us in the mock.

Opinions?

#2 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:26 AM

Manuel was just taken and we are now on the clock. Going with a DT. If you guys are interested, I'll post our picks later

#3 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

JASON VERRETT 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,518 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:45 AM

Manuel in the 4th round would be a great pick.
But not happening anymore, bc he could possibly be the 2nd QB off the board behind Geno.

#4 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:48 AM

No we have too many needs, but i guess it depends on who you already picked.... Im hoping more for UDFA signings of Renfree or late rd pick of Jordan Rodgers.

#5 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 10 March 2013 - 02:16 PM

yeah udfa or better yet fa.

#6 DynastyRTR

DynastyRTR

newnfldraft.com writer

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Personally, I think Manuel ends up in the first round with Geno Smith and Glennon or Wilson.

#7 JawnyBlaze

JawnyBlaze

• HUDDLER
  • 6,043 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 04:53 PM

Yea, if we could get Manuel in the 4th or 5th it wouldn't be a bad idea really. 4th is where I'm hoping we pick up an OG or TE but picking up Manuel for the reasons you listed would be smart too. Won't happen though, obviously. Manuel is gonna be gone long before our pick in the 4th and I wouldn't want us to use a pick higher than that when we still need DT, S, WR, CB, OG so bad.

#8 nagai

nagai

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,158 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:29 PM

Yes if a. it's in the 4th round or later and b. the value is there. The potential returns on a move like this could be huge. Put it this way, the 9ers got a 2nd and a 3rd just for Alex freaking Smith.

#9 XClown1986

XClown1986

I'm Rick Grimes, Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

Tyler Wilson in the 4th. He will end up being the best QB to come out of this class and he is being overlooked right now.

#10 ZackAttack23

ZackAttack23

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Tyler Wilson in the 4th. He will end up being the best QB to come out of this class and he is being overlooked right now.

Do not want. We already have someone who doesn't fit our offense. I'm looking at you Pickles!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: draft, nfl, panthers, florida state, seminoles, 2013, manuel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.