CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,667 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:40 PM

Link: http://blogs.newsobs...BpB6Mgk.twitter

Canes forward Tuomo Ruutu may be able to rejoin the lineup sooner than expected.

After Ruutu underwent hip surgery in December, it was believed he might need until the end of April to recover. General manager Jim Rutherford said then that Ruutu likely would miss the regular season but could return for the playoffs.

But Rutherford said this week that March 15 was the date doctors will decide if Ruutu can be cleared to return to practice. And Canes coach Kirk Muller said Sunday that once he's back in practices it may not take long for him to be ready to play.

"Hopefully by next week we get the green light from him," Muller said. "I think it will start off as team practices, then physical contact. He's a guy who has kept himself in pretty good shape. I think once it starts, as far as practices, I don't think he's too far off.

"If he feels good, you could see him being ready to get in the lineup. I don't know how long it will take but I don't think it will take too long."

Ruutu did some early skating Sunday before the Canes' closed practice for the team's full season-ticket holders. Also skating was defenseman Joni Pitkanen, who remains day-to-day with a lower-body injury.

This is great news because the sooner Ruutu returns, the sooner the Canes can make a move. When he returns, I can see the Canes swinging LaRose and Bowman to Pittsburgh for Tyler Kennedy.

I could see the Canes rolling into the playoffs with the following line-up...

Jiri Tlusty - Eric Staal - Alexander Semin
Jeff Skinner - Jordan Staal - Tyler Kennedy
Jussi Jokinen - Riley Nash - Tuomo Ruutu
Tim Wallace - Tim Brent - Patrick Dwyer
Chris Terry
Kevin Westgarth

Tim Gleason - Joni Pitkanen
Jay Harrison Justin Faulk
Joe Corvo - Jamie McBain
Bobby Sanguinetti

Cam Ward
Dan Ellis

I think that team right there could make a strong run at the cup.

#2 KillerKat

KillerKat

Top Banana

• HUDDLER
  • 18,608 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:19 PM

Still think they have to do something about defense.

#3 CarolinaPanthers8789

CarolinaPanthers8789

Alexander SEMIN!!! FTW

• HUDDLER
  • 23,667 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina/Virginia

Posted 10 March 2013 - 11:22 PM

Still think they have to do something about defense.

I agree, I just don't know what do... we really should have addressed it in free agency because I just don't know what we have to offer to get a top four guy in return.

I guess they could swing Jokinen, Murphy, and a 1st for a top 4.

#4 kman72

kman72

Sports Maniac

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 01:01 AM

yeah i am excited about possibilities for playoff lineups but we do need that extra defender, but I have decided I dont want to give Murphy up so might just have to wait and address that next FA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com