68 replies to this topic

#61 Jackofalltrades

Jackofalltrades

OWN the Line of Scrimmage

• ALL-PRO
  • 17,751 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:19 PM

Our secondary was complete Poo in 2011 with the exception of Gamble, it was complete poo last year and now it just got worse -_-

Nakamura was complete poo, the rest played pretty well. However, losing Gamble and Munnerlyn will hurt. I you could make the same argument for OG and DT.

#62 Saxist Fed

Saxist Fed

halt the tomfoolery

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,138 posts
  • Locationthe.black.lodge

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:34 PM

I like that we're giving him a workout. I don't try to view these things from a strategic point of view about where we might pick whoever. Its more about our decision makers taking a look at who they like at this point. I wouldn't look to much into the draft order or thinking he should be 14 or 44...it's more about who they want on the team and I think Hopkins is a good one.

Between Hunter, T Williams, Hopkins, and Patton, I'd like to think one of them is a Panther in April.

And concerning the CB talk:

We weren't that great but people vastly underrated Josh Thomas last season. I'm in no way or shape saying we're set haha but I'm fine with him being one of the 2013 starters and he just doesn't get mentioned enough.

#63 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:44 PM

Guy reran the 40 at a pro day and scored a 4.41 and 4.46, the 4.59 was obviously a fluke which you can see from his film. He has excellent ball skills and will attack the ball at the highest point, I would be happy if we traded back and got him late 1st or traded back up to get him and drafted a linemen in the 1st.

#64 rainwater

rainwater

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:49 PM

Something tells me you're a Clemson/South Caroline fan...

A South Carolina fan giving props to a Clemson player? Something tells me you know nothing about the state of SC.

#65 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:51 PM

A South Carolina fan giving props to a Clemson player? Something tells me you know nothing about the state of SC.

Yeah, Thanksgiving is not about the pilgrims and Indians down there.

#66 Fan01

Fan01

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 630 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:56 PM

I'm a huge Clemson fan. Watched every game Nuk has played as a tiger and he's legit. I don't know about 14th pick good but definite a first round talent. He reminds me a lot of Roddy White.

#67 NCstoner420

NCstoner420

Dave's not here man

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:01 PM

I'm a huge Clemson fan. Watched every game Nuk has played as a tiger and he's legit. I don't know about 14th pick good but definite a first round talent. He reminds me a lot of Roddy White.

I know people who grew up around James Island at the same time as Roddy White, they say the same thing.

#68 SauceBoss

SauceBoss

IT IS WHAT IT IS

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,294 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:05 PM

We're one sprained ankle away from the following group:

LaFell (possession receiver)
Gettis (late round guy who hasn't played in 2 seasons)
Pilares (hasn't done anything, can't crack the line-up)
Edwards (is Armanti Edwards)
Adams (can't actually catch a football)

Toss Murphy (the ghost of Drew Carter) in there if we re-sign him for minimum wage.

Yeah, we're good.

Well we're one sprained ankle from

CB Josh Thomas
CB Josh Norman
?????
Profit?

Oh and Olsen and Barnridge can still catch balls. It's not like we're not goin to sign a FA. I'd rather have a proven veteran at wide out in that case rather than a rookie. Yah we still need a vet at corner too, but we should draft a mainstay for the future.

#69 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Well we're one sprained ankle from

CB Josh Thomas
CB Josh Norman
?????
Profit?

Oh and Olsen and Barnridge can still catch balls. It's not like we're not goin to sign a FA. I'd rather have a proven veteran at wide out in that case rather than a rookie. Yah we still need a vet at corner too, but we should draft a mainstay for the future.

Meh, corners are an afterthought. The Ravens just won the SB with Cary Williams as there best CB on the field. He is a FA, doubt he gets paid big bucks. Seattle had some scrub from wherever named Browner and late rounder Sherman on their top D. Successful defense is not about all star CB or DT. The key is pass rush, after that you need a big DT who can plug the middle and aggressive corners who can press. I would invest high picks on playmaking weapons on offense and pass rushers(which we have)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com