#76 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:42 PM

Now the Vikings become the interesting team in the WR mix. Do they make a late charge for Jennings/Wallace? With a 2nd pick in the first round, do they take a shot a Victor Cruz (who just got a 1st round tender)? If they want to replace Harvin's role, will they look to Tavon Austin in the draft?

I Dno bout Wallace but Jennings to Minny makes sense. Jennings stay in the north and get to play GB twice a year. And Minny get a no.1 WR.

Minny can grab Jennings and still draft Tavon or whoever they want with the Seattle pick. Look for Minny to add two receivers through the Draft and FA.

#77 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:43 PM

panther fans need a team that can poo out a winning season and a trip to the playoffs.

not sure how anyone could feel bullish about this team until they actually prove something.

Optimism, sweet sweet optimism, never hurt a soul. For once, we actually have some talent to back it up and for once, in a long long while, we get the mojo back. It starts with us.

#78 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:46 PM

Optimism, sweet sweet optimism, never hurt a soul. For once, we actually have some talent to back it up and for once, in a long long while, we get the mojo back. It starts with us.

i'm not changing my tune until this team...this coach, esp. can prove that we can come out the gate winning and pull off winning seasons back to back with a trip to the playoffs or two.

i'm tired of optimism not being rewarded.

#79 Promethean Forerunner

Promethean Forerunner

SENIOR HUDDLER

• ALL-PRO
  • 7,756 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:49 PM

This is a mistake. I'm glad our team didn't give up that much for an overrated wr.

Agreed. Harvin is a gadget player, not an elite receiver. The Seahawks gave up too much but they can afford to give away draft picks because they have an elite defense and a solid offense.

#80 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

i'm not changing my tune until this team...this coach, esp. can prove that we can come out the gate winning and pull off winning seasons back to back with a trip to the playoffs or two.

Funny. For the first time in 4 years I am optimistic about the team.

8-8 here we come!

#81 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:55 PM

Agreed. Harvin is a gadget player, not an elite receiver. The Seahawks gave up too much but they can afford to give away draft picks because they have an elite defense and a solid offense.

Yeah i think Seahawks feel they have almost all the pieces and just need one or two holes filled to make a deeper playoff run.

We will see how that works out.

A first round pick is a lot for any WR

#82 TheRed

TheRed

California Dreamin'

• HUDDLER
  • 14,450 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

they saw an opportunity to pick up a first rounder for a guy that they weren't using because he didn't fit what they do on offense (which is pretty much just hand the ball to ADP) and who wasn't happy being there and had been trying to get out.

it just wasn't working. he didn't fit. he knew it and they knew it.

Um doesn't fit? I don't buy that for a second. Him leaving Minnesota is on his own ego and injury troubles.

I don't understand your logic that having Peterson means they don't want or need another threat. Now they have plenty of options thanks to the Seahawks throwing draft picks at them. They will get another receiver.

#83 Hawk

Hawk

Huddler of the Decade

• Moderators
  • 14,979 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 02:59 PM

price was arguably too high but the Hawks filled a need. Still have cap room to spend on an Abraham or a Freeney to add some depth on the D specifically the pass rush. Exciting times in Seahawk land!

#84 cultclassiccat

cultclassiccat

flash

• ALL-PRO
  • 1,653 posts
  • LocationG spot

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:04 PM

I feel ya.

Ive chosen to lead a charge of blind faith homerism. We got Cam, Luke and Gman, this aint the old Panthers.

#85 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

Funny. For the first time in 4 years I am optimistic about the team.

8-8 here we come!

i guess if the goal is breaking even....

lol.

it's more the coaching staff that i can't get excited about. i think that a good young group of talented guys is here and aside from another playmaker or two on offense (mainly for the post-smitty era) and some upgrades in the secondary, i feel good about the team. oh yeah...and the OL.

that coaching staff, tho...i just haven't seen what i want to see. i do have faith in gettleman to get this team what they need on the roster, tho. game management will be the only issue.

#86 rayzor

rayzor

• Moderators
  • -29,194 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:06 PM

I feel ya.

Ive chosen to lead a charge of blind faith homerism. We got Cam, Luke and Gman, this aint the old Panthers.

hey...have at it. i've done that enough the past few years.

#87 Frash Brastard

Frash Brastard

Freddy Frashbear

• HUDDLER
  • 14,791 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:09 PM

Aww man we missed out on harvin again

He was shorter than 6 foot, less than 200lbs and ran a sub 4.5 40, so this automatically means he would've been the next Steve Smith for us

#88 iamhubby1

iamhubby1

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 3,575 posts
  • LocationSpartanburg, SC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:12 PM

IMO, if Gettlemen would have given up a first rounder for Harvin. This place would go nutsoid. But we are still a crappy team just because we didn't.

Gotta love this place.

#89 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:15 PM

i guess if the goal is breaking even....

lol.

it's more the coaching staff that i can't get excited about. i think that a good young group of talented guys is here and aside from another playmaker or two on offense (mainly for the post-smitty era) and some upgrades in the secondary, i feel good about the team. oh yeah...and the OL.

that coaching staff, tho...i just haven't seen what i want to see. i do have faith in gettleman to get this team what they need on the roster, tho. game management will be the only issue.

I think if we upgrade the secondary we are a playoff team even with the other holes. And no more bad coaching decisions. Were were just a couple plays away from 10-6 last year.

Assuming our new OC meshes I think we can get there next year. New Orleans is the wild card in the NFC south but I think ATL is in transition and the bucs are not a threat.

We will see.

#90 Happy Panther

Happy Panther

Now even funnier.

• ALL-PRO
  • 18,162 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 03:16 PM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com