#122 Darth Biscuit

Darth Biscuit

Dark Lord

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,613 posts
  • LocationWilmington, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Just thinking about this from all three perspectives...

Baltimore gets some value and cut salary...

49ers get a clutch weapon.

Boldin gets his $6 million and the chance to play for the team that has the best odds to win the next Superbowl.

Also, I get the Hurney hate, but u guys realize that the Panthers weren't even in the discussion for this trade... Right? Not to mention that we couldnt have signed him due to the cap anyway..

#123 The Golden Child

The Golden Child

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts

What a great trade, for both teams. 49ers get a terrific wide out WR and Ravens clear 6mil.

#124 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,778 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

well hurney didn't exactly spit on it before the rapeapalooza

#125 FastNFurious

FastNFurious

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:28 PM

So this is what being under the cap allows a team to do....

#126 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:43 PM

actually if we improve the team even only marginally this year i think we sweep ATL and at least split with the saints and bucs. ATL's window is closing and the saints are going to lose a lot of talent because of moleface's me-first contract

There is a problem with your idea. We've already lost 3 starters/spot starters in our secondary that was already pathetic to begin with. To even break EVEN with last year, we'd have to add 3 starters there.

Two playoff teams this year have gained elite wideouts, while we've only lost players and are still up against the cap, this is pathetic to think a All Pro WR got traded for the same pick that we got Louis Murphy for. We have to make cap room, have to land 1-2 FA and have to be on the ball for our 1st and 2nd rounders this year, or you're looking at another year of no playoffs. The only chance we really have is winning the division, 1 of the wildcards is coming out of the NFC West, and the NFC North probably has the other.

#127 Third Degree

Third Degree

Come back soon, 89

• HUDDLER
  • 4,536 posts
  • Location704

Posted 11 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

We could trade DeAngelo for a pick today if we wanted to do it. His contract is not hamstringing us. The fact that we don't have better options on the roster is the reason that DeAngelo is still a Panther.

Which really goes back to bad drafting

It's a cyclical effect

#128 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,778 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:14 PM

There is a problem with your idea. We've already lost 3 starters/spot starters in our secondary that was already pathetic to begin with. To even break EVEN with last year, we'd have to add 3 starters there.

we've only lost one, gamble, and he hasn't played for any significant length of time since jimmy clausen and brian st. pierre were battling it out for the starting position.

i think munnerlyn will be back, and if not we've got dockery/thomas that can fill in nicely at nickel. no sense overpaying for that position if you don't have to.

if we don't do anything to address the CB position i will concede your point, but with gettleman at the helm i don't think that's likely.

#129 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:38 PM

we've only lost one, gamble, and he hasn't played for any significant length of time since jimmy clausen and brian st. pierre were battling it out for the starting position.

i think munnerlyn will be back, and if not we've got dockery/thomas that can fill in nicely at nickel. no sense overpaying for that position if you don't have to.

if we don't do anything to address the CB position i will concede your point, but with gettleman at the helm i don't think that's likely.

We lost our starting nickel, both DTs and starting CB. Until a player is brought back...he can't be assumed a Panther. We still have holes at S. That is a lot do starting spots on D to go with Gamble

#130 PhillyB

PhillyB

hug it chug it football

• HUDDLER
  • 18,778 posts
  • LocationGreensboro

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:43 PM

We lost our starting nickel, both DTs and starting CB. Until a player is brought back...he can't be assumed a Panther. We still have holes at S. That is a lot do starting spots on D to go with Gamble

i think he was talking about the secondary

#131 SmashNDash

SmashNDash

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 593 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:47 PM

I was just using the secondary as the most extreme example. Yes last years team was a couple players away, but now we're 4-5 players away from last years team was my point. We've gotten worse at corner and DT, if that was possible.

#132 SCP

SCP

Crop Dusting Son of a Bitch

• HUDDLER
  • 19,168 posts
  • LocationOn a Sales Call

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:54 PM

Also, I get the Hurney hate..... we couldnt have signed him due to the cap anyway..

This

#133 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:55 PM

Well, we lost our #1 CB, nickel CB....and S play has been horrific under Rivera. Our 2 starters out of 5 in place are both average at best

#134 panthers55

panthers55

Starting all over again

• HUDDLER
  • 16,466 posts
  • LocationAt the lake

Posted 11 March 2013 - 07:58 PM

Anyone mention that Boldin is 32 years old? Do we need another guy who will be gone in a few years or someone who we use for the next 10 years? We are not one receiver away from the Superbowl so Boldin would have been a huge waste of money.

#135 CRA

CRA

• Moderators
  • 23,912 posts

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:00 PM

Anyone mention that Holding is 32 years old? Do we need another guy who will be gone in a few years or someone who we use for the next 10 years? We are not one receiver away from the Superbowl so Boldin would have been a huge waste of money.

Yeah, the time for Boldin was a few years ago.....when he signed with the Ravens. We need youth at WR now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.