Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

Tavon Austin

157 posts in this topic

Austin as a slot receiver. :lol:

Playmaker is more of a good label for him.

I've been taking him in the first of every falcons mock for a while now. RB by committee with Austin as a rb/slot receiver getting 175-200 touches or so. Dude never has to come out of the game. Going 3 wide with single back? Austin stays on the field in the slot put Rodgers in the backfield. Roddy and julio on the outside then trying to cover austin out of the backfield vs 2 of the best blocking WRs in the NFL? I wish he'd make it to 30 but he wont :(

EDIT: Mel Kiper is a tard who just talks. He doesn't have an opinion.

1. We barley used the weapons we have already.

It took a whole season to use Tolbert.

We never used Barniage or Adams like we could have.

You are just adding another gimmick to a team who has to many gimmicks already. We were better when we ran a traditional offense and ran the ball down hill.

2. I can see adding a bigger target for the red zone and the fact that when Cam misses a pass he misses High. Which would be perfect for a Bigger WR.

3. I could see him in the Pats offense taking Welker's role but hear we need a actually WR who can become a #1 outside WR. Austin is a slot WR. You don't spend a top 15 pick on a slot WR unless.

Your one player from a superbowl and a slot wr is that position or you are changing the offense to feature a slot WR or you run a west coast or Patriot type offense. We are not in any of these situation..

TBQH you sound like you're still suffering from John Fox Syndrome.

Austin can be similar to Darren Sproles, but way better and an actual threat in the slot or even on the outside. He can also instantly elevate the return game to a non-issue. He'll also be a nightmare out of a full backfield, in that he can act as a running back or a receiver.

It took a whole season to use Tolbert, Barnidge, and Adams because Chud was terrible.

The Panthers don't have gimmicks. They have great players who have been misused and poorly coached.

TBQH you sound like you're still suffering from John Fox Syndrome.

Austin can be similar to Darren Sproles, but way better and an actual threat in the slot or even on the outside. He can also instantly elevate the return game to a non-issue. He'll also be a nightmare out of a full backfield, in that he can act as a running back or a receiver.

It took a whole season to use Tolbert, Barnidge, and Adams because Chud was terrible.

The Panthers don't have gimmicks. They have great players who have been misused and poorly coached.

Tolbert is already suppose to be doing the Darren Sproles thing and I'm not ready to give up on Adams and Pilaris who can do the Tavon Austin thing.

It makes no sense to draft a slot Wr at 14 when you have guys on the roster who are cheaper and brought in to do the same things he does.

Let's find out what we have in these guys before we draft a guy to do the same job.

Tolbert is already suppose to be doing the Darren Sproles thing and I'm not ready to give up on Adams and Pilaris who can do the Tavon Austin thing.

It makes no sense to draft a slot Wr at 14 when you have guys on the roster who are cheaper and brought in to do the same things he does.

Let's find out what we have in these guys before we draft a guy to do the same job.

The problem is that I, and a lot of other people, don't think that Pilares, Adams, and Tolbert can do the Austin things.

The problem is that I, and a lot of other people, don't think that Pilares, Adams, and Tolbert can do the Austin things.

Then that's your problem no way is the team going to give up on 3 players (they just got) to pay 1 player to do the same thing.

How do you know he didn't float it to the team store manager?

How do you know he didn't float it to the team store manager?

How do you know he didn't floated to Rivera and Gettlemen?

How do you know that whomever it was was offering anything other than a generic "don't ask me about potential targets" answer?

How do you know that whomever it was was offering anything other than a generic "don't ask me about potential targets" answer?

And how do you know that who ever was asked made a honest assessment on a player they really have no interest in?

This whole thing is built on the opinion of Mel kiper who thought Clausen was the most pro ready QB and Gabbert was on the same level as Cam when coming out.

1 person likes this

Panthers have a private workout lined up with Austin. Not sure if that's been posted anywhere.

And yes I know this does not mean we are drafting him. Just pointing out that we have lined up a private workout.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-tavon-austin-to-work-out-for-ravens-several-other-nfl-teams-20130312,0,4792110.story?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=t.co