Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

Tavon Austin

157 posts in this topic

I would think it's easier to find deep threats in other rounds/FA than it would be to find a Percy Harvin type player like Austin. You don't pass on elite weapons that fall to you.

1 person likes this

I'm honestly starting to think he may be the first receiver off the board at 8 to Buffalo. Don't know that he's worth that, but I think it's a legitimate possibility.

I'm honestly starting to think he may be the first receiver off the board at 8 to Buffalo. Don't know that he's worth that, but I think it's a legitimate possibility.

Yeah saw some mocks have him in the top 10. Will be interesting to see where he goes. Even at 14 I think the Panthers should trade down or take a WR in the 2nd. To many needs for this team.

What is this slow thing people have with Adams??

You can't be a the best Special Team returner in the SEC and be slow.

Please don't let a 40' time fool you. He is way faster in pads during game time.

He does need to work on his hands but he is a perfect fit to play slot WR.

He fumbles all the time. You can't put a player on the field consistently when he's jeopardizing your possession constantly. A guy whose hands need work isn't a 'perfect fit' to play receiver, either.

And I'm seeing a slot guy in Tavon, too. That's not a terrible thing, though, as more teams are moving towards having three receivers on the field a majority of the time. I wonder if he's going to be able to make plays at every level of the defense with his size, but the NFL is becoming more and more of a space league. Don't really love him at 14, though. We've got enough guys on this offense who need to have the ball in their hands to be a threat.

He fumbles all the time. You can't put a player on the field consistently when he's jeopardizing your possession constantly. A guy whose hands need work isn't a 'perfect fit' to play receiver, either.

So are we going to sit here and make a final judgment on him after 1 season? Tiki Barber work his self out of this problem. The question is does Adams have the talent to be a good slot WR? I think he does.

And I'm seeing a slot guy in Tavon, too. That's not a terrible thing, though, as more teams are moving towards having three receivers on the field a majority of the time. I wonder if he's going to be able to make plays at every level of the defense with his size, but the NFL is becoming more and more of a space league. Don't really love him at 14, though. We've got enough guys on this offense who need to have the ball in their hands to be a threat.

I personally like Tavon but I also know you can not fall in love with draft picks.The real question is his size and how will that hinder him against physical dbs? Do you run wr formations where the slot will be on the field allot? If not,can you use him in the running game?

Personally I like his versatility and would take him.He will be special in the NFL with the right team.To me it is very difficult to predict where he will be drafted without understanding what schemes your OC will be running and adjust your scheme for his freakish talent but for some who compare him to the second coming of Joe Adams is just ridiculous.

if you listened to the Kiper/Mcshay podcast, or better yet watched him it is well documented he runs precise routes, plays though pain, and is the most explosive and proven WR in the draft and has the stats to back it.. Mike Mayock and Charles Davis love the guy..anyone who has watched him feels he is a special talent.

So are we going to sit here and make a final judgment on him after 1 season? Tiki Barber work his self out of this problem. The question is does Adams have the talent to be a good slot WR? I think he does.

I think if you would evaluate him for the talent that he is and take Adams out of the equation you would see he is a very special talent with the ability to be a game changer with his versatility.Very few players in the NFL share his ability not just Adams.I think he could easily account for 1500 yards per season.

The fact that one player fixed that problem doesn't mean Adams will. It's also very hard to develop an all-around game when you have to reinvent the way you perform fundamental tasks like holding onto the football.

It doesn't matter how big you are if you play like you're 10 feet tall and bulletproof... Just ask Smitty...

Lol kkl

"Dont believe Adams 40 time! It doesn't count!"

Preceded by

"look at CP's 40 time! He clearly isn't an athlete!"