#151 Who Said What?

Who Said What?

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts
  • LocationEverybody knows Carolina's my home

Posted 27 March 2013 - 09:43 AM

gahhhh I want

This is exactly the same shite that Joe Adams was doing in his highlight video. Austin's highlights look very pedestrian against lower competition. I especially like how he he got walked down by the corner from Marshall. Adams was running all over the field against Tennessee. Knocks on Austin are small hands and route running, which equal fumbles and dissapointment on the next level.

#152 rayzor

rayzor

shula is who i thought he was.

• Moderators
  • 29,573 posts

Posted 27 March 2013 - 02:19 PM

thought this was interesting...from greg cossell interview re: WRs

On West Virginia’s Tavon Austin

COSELL: He may be one of my favorite players in this draft. I would draft this kid in the top 10 or 12 of the draft. I think this is where the league is going. It’s now become a passing-space league. The old, conventional concepts of how to use receivers – he’s an X, he’s Z, he’s a slot – I think that’s a little old school. I think Austin fits where this league is going. You don’t just line him up in one place. A lot of people are saying he’s going to have trouble getting off press coverage. Of course he will. He’s small. But that’s not how you use him. There’s no more explosive, dynamic player in this draft than Austin. Look at the Seahawks and Percy Harvin. They wouldn’t have given up what they did just for a receiver. I think they’ve got a plan, and I think that’s the way you’ve got to deal with Austin.

http://49ers.pressde...s-in-the-draft/

#153 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Yeah, but I think Newton needs a intermediate target to deep threat, that is kinda of tall. Patton is 6'2 with his uniform on and also can play x,y or slot. Newton is still having trouble with short passes. He's not as surgical as Brady in the middle of the field yet, but he can definitely get there.

I wish he would have said how Tavon would hold up in this league when it comes to him constantly getting hit.

#154 TANTRIC-NINJA

TANTRIC-NINJA

No please, tell me more about this Amway....sounds promising

• HUDDLER
  • 4,971 posts
  • LocationColumbia, South Kacky

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:25 PM

I wish he would have said how Tavon would hold up in this league when it comes to him constantly getting hit in the butt...however I am supportive to all lifestyles.

How has Percey Harvin held up? Or Smitty, Emmanual Sanders, D Jax...Tavon never missed a practice in college and played with numerous injuries so his toughness is one of his best attributes.

Im pretty sure Andre Johnson, Roddy White, Colston have missed a few games...what does it have to do with anything? No one is immune from injury..Austin has no history of them either.

#155 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:34 PM

They hold up pretty well. Every once in a while they(harvin,jack) miss a gap of time because of an injury though........

#156 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,012 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 27 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

Yeah, but he even said that Tavon is best suited as a slot. Newton is not good yet like Brady to keep hitting short passes over and over. Newton needs a big target to help him out.

#157 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 27 March 2013 - 06:44 PM

Love the player I just don't see the scheme fit.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com - IP Content Design by Joshua Tree / TitansReport.