156 replies to this topic

#16 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Tolbert is already suppose to be doing the Darren Sproles thing and I'm not ready to give up on Adams and Pilaris who can do the Tavon Austin thing.

It makes no sense to draft a slot Wr at 14 when you have guys on the roster who are cheaper and brought in to do the same things he does.

Let's find out what we have in these guys before we draft a guy to do the same job.

The problem is that I, and a lot of other people, don't think that Pilares, Adams, and Tolbert can do the Austin things.

#17 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

The problem is that I, and a lot of other people, don't think that Pilares, Adams, and Tolbert can do the Austin things.

Then that's your problem no way is the team going to give up on 3 players (they just got) to pay 1 player to do the same thing.

#18 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Joe Person@josephperson
Floated TA name to CAR staffer recently. Questioned long-term durability.RT @James_Dator: Kiper mocks WE to #Panthers http://sbn.to/16oPUf9

Nobody listens to Mel.

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Joe Person@josephperson
Floated TA name to CAR staffer recently. Questioned long-term durability.RT @James_Dator: Kiper mocks WE to #Panthers http://sbn.to/16oPUf9

Nobody listens to Mel.

Smokescreen!

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

How do you know he didn't float it to the team store manager?

#21 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:04 PM

How do you know he didn't float it to the team store manager?

How do you know he didn't floated to Rivera and Gettlemen?

#22 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 4,761 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

How do you know that whomever it was was offering anything other than a generic "don't ask me about potential targets" answer?

#23 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 12 March 2013 - 01:27 PM

How do you know that whomever it was was offering anything other than a generic "don't ask me about potential targets" answer?

And how do you know that who ever was asked made a honest assessment on a player they really have no interest in?

This whole thing is built on the opinion of Mel kiper who thought Clausen was the most pro ready QB and Gabbert was on the same level as Cam when coming out.

#24 PantherMan89

PantherMan89

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 510 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

Panthers have a private workout lined up with Austin. Not sure if that's been posted anywhere.
And yes I know this does not mean we are drafting him. Just pointing out that we have lined up a private workout.

http://www.baltimore...utm_source=t.co

#25 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,523 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 06:25 PM

Sweet! WVU has their Proday workout this week . Should have a lot of teams there with Smith, Austin and Bailey all possible first or second round selections.

#26 panthermonium

panthermonium

• NEWB
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 12 March 2013 - 08:49 PM

I'm liking Austin more and more. Surround Cam around weapons. Dude is versatile.

Pilares isn't even in the same stratosphere ability wise as Austin. Adams needs to show a lot this year to earn trust.

I like it.

#27 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• HUDDLER
  • 6,305 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:00 PM

If we were to frequently put Austin in the slot with a nickel corner or LBer it would be a mismatch almost every time. Moreover, with the blocking abilities of both Steve Smith and LaFell I can see Austin racking up an absurd amount of YAC in this offense. Regardless of position Tavon Austin is the best all around offensive weapon in this draft and my only concern is his durability due to size, and whether or not Shula can use his dynamic skill set to the best of his ability.

I can just see his elusiveness giving bigger NFL defenders fits because of his small strides but he has the speed to burn them despite NFL defenders being faster than your average college guys.

If Austin is selected by our pick at 14 my reaction will solely be based on who is still on the board and what we did in free agency.

#28 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,145 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:11 PM

idk about tavon ....hes no jackson. hes more of a percy harvin type of guy.

which aint bad but i really like deep threat guy who can do both..

u noticed harvin and the welker types never have many tds........do slots ever go over 10 tds.... top tight ends have more of an impact then that in the redzone....

#29 Gabeking

Gabeking

• HUDDLER
  • 3,346 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

For what it's worth Mel kiper had jimmy clausen as the top ranked player in the draft since 1975

#30 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,611 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 14 March 2013 - 06:39 PM

Tolbert is already suppose to be doing the Darren Sproles thing and I'm not ready to give up on Adams and Pilaris who can do the Tavon Austin thing.

It makes no sense to draft a slot Wr at 14 when you have guys on the roster who are cheaper and brought in to do the same things he does.

Let's find out what we have in these guys before we draft a guy to do the same job.

I dont get the comparison between Tolbert and Sproles.Austin is a pure play maker if you get him the ball in space.Someone better account for that guy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com