• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#11 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:33 PM

Austin as a slot receiver. :lol:

Playmaker is more of a good label for him.

#12 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:37 AM

I would love to have him on this team
I honestly think he is the best WR in the draft with the most upside the only thing that worries me is that he's small but you have to remember that he is fast and elusive he could be like an Wes and a Harvin mix

I just dont trust Patterson but if you look at the combine and game tape from Austin its AMAZING with what Austin can do

1. Austin
2. Patterson
3. Allen
4. Woods
5. Patton

Do you notice how welker only works for 1 offense?

#13 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 07:16 AM

Austin as a slot receiver. :lol:

Playmaker is more of a good label for him.

I've been taking him in the first of every falcons mock for a while now. RB by committee with Austin as a rb/slot receiver getting 175-200 touches or so. Dude never has to come out of the game. Going 3 wide with single back? Austin stays on the field in the slot put Rodgers in the backfield. Roddy and julio on the outside then trying to cover austin out of the backfield vs 2 of the best blocking WRs in the NFL? I wish he'd make it to 30 but he wont :(

EDIT: Mel Kiper is a tard who just talks. He doesn't have an opinion.

#14 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:13 AM

1. We barley used the weapons we have already.

It took a whole season to use Tolbert.

We never used Barniage or Adams like we could have.

You are just adding another gimmick to a team who has to many gimmicks already. We were better when we ran a traditional offense and ran the ball down hill.

2. I can see adding a bigger target for the red zone and the fact that when Cam misses a pass he misses High. Which would be perfect for a Bigger WR.

3. I could see him in the Pats offense taking Welker's role but hear we need a actually WR who can become a #1 outside WR. Austin is a slot WR. You don't spend a top 15 pick on a slot WR unless.

Your one player from a superbowl and a slot wr is that position or you are changing the offense to feature a slot WR or you run a west coast or Patriot type offense. We are not in any of these situation..

TBQH you sound like you're still suffering from John Fox Syndrome.

Austin can be similar to Darren Sproles, but way better and an actual threat in the slot or even on the outside. He can also instantly elevate the return game to a non-issue. He'll also be a nightmare out of a full backfield, in that he can act as a running back or a receiver.

It took a whole season to use Tolbert, Barnidge, and Adams because Chud was terrible.

The Panthers don't have gimmicks. They have great players who have been misused and poorly coached.

#15 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

TBQH you sound like you're still suffering from John Fox Syndrome.

Austin can be similar to Darren Sproles, but way better and an actual threat in the slot or even on the outside. He can also instantly elevate the return game to a non-issue. He'll also be a nightmare out of a full backfield, in that he can act as a running back or a receiver.

It took a whole season to use Tolbert, Barnidge, and Adams because Chud was terrible.

The Panthers don't have gimmicks. They have great players who have been misused and poorly coached.

Tolbert is already suppose to be doing the Darren Sproles thing and I'm not ready to give up on Adams and Pilaris who can do the Tavon Austin thing.

It makes no sense to draft a slot Wr at 14 when you have guys on the roster who are cheaper and brought in to do the same things he does.

Let's find out what we have in these guys before we draft a guy to do the same job.

#16 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Tolbert is already suppose to be doing the Darren Sproles thing and I'm not ready to give up on Adams and Pilaris who can do the Tavon Austin thing.

It makes no sense to draft a slot Wr at 14 when you have guys on the roster who are cheaper and brought in to do the same things he does.

Let's find out what we have in these guys before we draft a guy to do the same job.

The problem is that I, and a lot of other people, don't think that Pilares, Adams, and Tolbert can do the Austin things.

#17 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:32 PM

The problem is that I, and a lot of other people, don't think that Pilares, Adams, and Tolbert can do the Austin things.

Then that's your problem no way is the team going to give up on 3 players (they just got) to pay 1 player to do the same thing.

#18 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• LocationNonya
HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:35 PM

Joe Person@josephperson
Floated TA name to CAR staffer recently. Questioned long-term durability.RT @James_Dator: Kiper mocks WE to #Panthers http://sbn.to/16oPUf9

Nobody listens to Mel.

#19 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

SUPPORTER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:48 PM

Joe Person@josephperson
Floated TA name to CAR staffer recently. Questioned long-term durability.RT @James_Dator: Kiper mocks WE to #Panthers http://sbn.to/16oPUf9

Nobody listens to Mel.

Smokescreen!

#20 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

HUDDLER

Posted 12 March 2013 - 12:59 PM

How do you know he didn't float it to the team store manager?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users