• Please log in to reply
156 replies to this topic

#76 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:53 PM

What is this slow thing people have with Adams??

You can't be a the best Special Team returner in the SEC and be slow.

Please don't let a 40' time fool you. He is way faster in pads during game time.

He does need to work on his hands but he is a perfect fit to play slot WR.

He fumbles all the time. You can't put a player on the field consistently when he's jeopardizing your possession constantly. A guy whose hands need work isn't a 'perfect fit' to play receiver, either.

#77 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:56 PM

And I'm seeing a slot guy in Tavon, too. That's not a terrible thing, though, as more teams are moving towards having three receivers on the field a majority of the time. I wonder if he's going to be able to make plays at every level of the defense with his size, but the NFL is becoming more and more of a space league. Don't really love him at 14, though. We've got enough guys on this offense who need to have the ball in their hands to be a threat.

#78 YoungPanthers89

YoungPanthers89

Lucy Snorebush

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,240 posts
  • LocationNC

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:27 PM

gahhhh I want

#79 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:40 PM

He fumbles all the time. You can't put a player on the field consistently when he's jeopardizing your possession constantly. A guy whose hands need work isn't a 'perfect fit' to play receiver, either.

So are we going to sit here and make a final judgment on him after 1 season? Tiki Barber work his self out of this problem. The question is does Adams have the talent to be a good slot WR? I think he does.

#80 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 March 2013 - 05:57 AM

And I'm seeing a slot guy in Tavon, too. That's not a terrible thing, though, as more teams are moving towards having three receivers on the field a majority of the time. I wonder if he's going to be able to make plays at every level of the defense with his size, but the NFL is becoming more and more of a space league. Don't really love him at 14, though. We've got enough guys on this offense who need to have the ball in their hands to be a threat.

I personally like Tavon but I also know you can not fall in love with draft picks.The real question is his size and how will that hinder him against physical dbs? Do you run wr formations where the slot will be on the field allot? If not,can you use him in the running game?

Personally I like his versatility and would take him.He will be special in the NFL with the right team.To me it is very difficult to predict where he will be drafted without understanding what schemes your OC will be running and adjust your scheme for his freakish talent but for some who compare him to the second coming of Joe Adams is just ridiculous.

if you listened to the Kiper/Mcshay podcast, or better yet watched him it is well documented he runs precise routes, plays though pain, and is the most explosive and proven WR in the draft and has the stats to back it.. Mike Mayock and Charles Davis love the guy..anyone who has watched him feels he is a special talent.

#81 jarhead

jarhead

• HUDDLER
  • 4,630 posts
  • Locationnear Charlotte

Posted 21 March 2013 - 06:08 AM

So are we going to sit here and make a final judgment on him after 1 season? Tiki Barber work his self out of this problem. The question is does Adams have the talent to be a good slot WR? I think he does.

I think if you would evaluate him for the talent that he is and take Adams out of the equation you would see he is a very special talent with the ability to be a game changer with his versatility.Very few players in the NFL share his ability not just Adams.I think he could easily account for 1500 yards per season.

#82 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

The fact that one player fixed that problem doesn't mean Adams will. It's also very hard to develop an all-around game when you have to reinvent the way you perform fundamental tasks like holding onto the football.

#83 Bronn

Bronn

Sellsword

• HUDDLER
  • 5,027 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

It doesn't matter how big you are if you play like you're 10 feet tall and bulletproof... Just ask Smitty...

#84 Growl

Growl

SENIOR HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • 7,235 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:20 AM

Lol kkl

"Dont believe Adams 40 time! It doesn't count!"

Preceded by

"look at CP's 40 time! He clearly isn't an athlete!"

#85 Swaggasaurus

Swaggasaurus

HUDDLER

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,848 posts
  • LocationWilkesboro

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Lol kkl

Preceded by

bangbang

#86 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:43 AM

I think if you would evaluate him for the talent that he is and take Adams out of the equation you would see he is a very special talent with the ability to be a game changer with his versatility.Very few players in the NFL share his ability not just Adams.I think he could easily account for 1500 yards per season.

I not talking about the talent. I'm talking about the position need. I don't see us being a heavy slot WR using team to make him the 14 pick. So for the stuff we do with a slot WR we already have candidates on the roster. If we are changing the offense and passing 65% to 70% of the time then I would have no problem with the Austin pick. But I don't see that type offense with Shula as OC. I see a more power run team with a vertical pass game and I don't see how you use Austin on run plays when he doesn't get the ball.

#87 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

The fact that one player fixed that problem doesn't mean Adams will. It's also very hard to develop an all-around game when you have to reinvent the way you perform fundamental tasks like holding onto the football.

There have been a lot of other players with same problem who's gotten past that. Let's not play stupid here. My point is if we were going by 1 year of judgment on a rookie then.
Steve Smith would still be just a special teamer.
CJ would have been cut.
Hardy would have been cut.
James Anderson would have never been a starter.
Point is it's way to early to make a final judgment.

#88 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:01 AM

Lol kkl

Preceded by

1. A lot of players have been faster in pads then there 40' times showed. It's called "game speed".
Example Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 40'. Now how many players do you remember catching him during a game?

2. When did I say Patterson wasn't fast? Link please??

#89 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:49 PM

^^You can't tell people that here....it's all about track speed here. lol

Do I like Goodwin? Yes, but I'm not trying to draft him in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd. lol

Ask Al Davis how that works out.

#90 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 21 March 2013 - 01:49 PM

^^You can't tell people that here....it's all about track speed here. lol

Do I like Goodwin? Yes, but I'm not trying to draft him in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd. lol

Ask Al Davis how that works out.

Yeah crazy thought there are players who are faster on the during a game. Then they are running a straight line 40'.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com