#121 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:12 PM

Yeah, but Percy is physical man. Tavon has to dodge hits and he is so small. He might be able to withstand those hits, but I doubt it...Percy barely does.

And Welker is the lead guy for small quick slots. I just say his name to give you an idea of the type of slot he is. I know Tavon compares to Percy more, but Vikings went to the playoffs without Percy. So while he is a good player, lets's not get bent out of shape over the guy.

People thinks that Percy is small, bc he looks small in pads (smitty also look smaller in pads).
Look at him without pads.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#122 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yeah that's all I'm trying to explain to these guys. Tavon plays similar to Percy,but is not BUILT LIKE HIM!!!

Maybe Tavon can put on some weight, but keep his speed...

#123 koolkatluke

koolkatluke

• HUDDLER
  • 7,847 posts
  • LocationNonya

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:24 PM

I dont think anyone couldve took that hit from Robinson. Not even a Ray Lewis. That was a nasty hit.

Smitty has plenty of times.

I think that was also the last time I've seen D Jax go over the middle.

#124 carolina-chuck

carolina-chuck

HORNETS 2014

• HUDDLER
  • 19,678 posts
  • LocationKurby

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:30 PM

Smitty is one kind of a person. Even Fitz or Megatron arent able to take hits like 89 constantly. Im telling you Fitz and Megatron would have just as hard a time taking that hit from Robinson like Desean did. Dont ever compare anyone to 89. No one is built like him. ONLY HIM

#125 Falcons1stPanthers2nd

Falcons1stPanthers2nd

• HUDDLER
  • 2,948 posts

Posted 22 March 2013 - 11:57 PM

That hit scarred D Jax for life.

#126 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Okay man.......GO. Just tell me with stats and videos on why YOU think Tavon will be a slot and deep threat.

And I swear I won't respond unless it's an in depth and serious question. I will not criticize or try to make an argument against you. Just go and take your time. Because I have watched Tavon the best I can, but I don't see what you guys are saying about him. So since you watch him all the time, just enlighten me. By the way just so you know, I think Tavon can be a decent slot just not a deep threat in the Nfl...so start from there.

I'm waiting............

already did earlier in the thread. Not wasting my time typing it again. Go look it up in the thread. One other thing that I am repeating is Austin is more than a Slot receiver. Something else you fail to reliase.

#127 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:16 AM

Honestly dude you said why Tavon has a small avg......which mean most of his passes came from the slot.. In college he played most snaps from the slot....right? So why get mad at me because I think this guy is just a slot?

Did you see the Percy pic? Is Tavon that big??? How well will he be able to take hits from over the middle from big safeties?

DOES HE HAVE AN INJURY HISTORY?

Can you please use some videos because you say I can't go by stats....so show me where Tavon is going deep. Come on man I know you have some good tape on him. Show me what I'm missing because I've yet to see it on youtube. Hoping you got some good tape buddy.

I'm waiting......

#128 OHK

OHK

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:31 AM

http://youtu.be/T3_UNFZHSQU

BigSyke asked for examples of Tavon Austin going deep; :40, 2:25, 3:05, 3:55, 4:55, 7:40. Those last two being particular good examples of Austin's skills. It is true that Austin was not WV's preferred deep threat. His skillset overall translates more to working underneath and picking YAC. But that in no way means he can't go deep when asked.

#129 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Honestly dude you said why Tavon has a small avg......which mean most of his passes came from the slot.. In college he played most snaps from the slot....right? So why get mad at me because I think this guy is just a slot?

Did you see the Percy pic? Is Tavon that big??? How well will he be able to take hits from over the middle from big safeties?

DOES HE HAVE AN INJURY HISTORY?

Can you please use some videos because you say I can't go by stats....so show me where Tavon is going deep. Come on man I know you have some good tape on him. Show me what I'm missing because I've yet to see it on youtube. Hoping you got some good tape buddy.

I'm waiting......

Because most of his passes cames from touch passes from Smith. That play was ran about 20% of the time this year and last year, Killed Austins average per catch but helped his YAC.

As far as injury his Austin is in good shape there. He isnt nicked up and banged like a lot of smaller players out of college. Mainly because he was smart on the field. He didnt try to run over people if he couldnt evade them he would run out of bounds, But with that said he also would go across the middle and take the hits too. That is one of my biggest concern is his size. Would have liked to see him add 20 pounds before the combine but he didnt. He will need to be atleast 184-195 to survive the NFL. I expect him to add it after the draft. Will it effect his speed most likely but I dont think it will be to noticably. His field vision is excellent and the way he makes people miss is good too. There is plenty examples of his deep threat in videos posted in this thread.

Do I think the Panthers should draft at 14? No not really he is good but with his size, Panthers needs and the amount of good wrs that will be available in the 2nd round. We should pass on him unless he is BPA.

Bailey is my choice in the 2nd round would love to pick him up there. Best route runner and hands in the draft this year. Has a nack for catching the ball in tight space and about to contour his body to make the hard catches. He also loves to hit and is a ST gunner on kickoffs. Is the Slot receiver you think austin would be in the NFL. Could possibily even move up to 2nd receiver in a few years.

#130 OnlyPantherFaninMaine

OnlyPantherFaninMaine

All In.

• ALL-PRO
  • 6,546 posts
  • LocationBrooklyn, NY

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:52 AM

Not sure what is so hard about understanding the notion that because a player wasn't asked to be a deep threat very often doesn't mean he can't stretch the field vertically.

#131 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 01:57 AM

Thanks man! I really was talking abut versus tape though, where I could watch every snap that he takes during the game. But yeah thanks anyways.

I also believe that the slot best fits him. And maybe Tavon can do good his first year like Percy, but remember that the Vikings went to the playoffs without Percy last year. So Tavon will help smith and lafell downfield??? Maybe, but will a slot get you over the middle so you can WIN the superbowl. Panthers have already been to the superbowl!! They need to WIN IT!!!

Victor Cruz had a 19 avg when the Giants won the superbowl. I just don't see suprbowl teams without deep threats man.I mean show me one superstar slot(welker type) that won the superbowl lately.

#132 BigSyke

BigSyke

• HUDDLER
  • 2,190 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:09 AM

NOOO what im saying is WHY didnt they ask him to go deep more??

That makes me think he lacks the skill to do it........that has been my concern. If you are doin the most to win the game, wouldn't a speed guy like austin on the outside be the best? Since he's surehanded and fast?? Slots are only known for being sure handed not fast.

#133 Squirrel

Squirrel

Drink a beer and relax

• ALL-PRO
  • 12,820 posts

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:27 AM

They kept him in motion most of the game. So that is the reason he did line up to go deep. If he didnt receive the ball in the backfield it was usually across the middle. Bailey was the deep threat.

#134 Bwood

Bwood

It's all about the

• HUDDLER
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 March 2013 - 02:28 AM

Tolbert is already suppose to be doing the Darren Sproles thing and I'm not ready to give up

HAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD!!!!

YOU JUST SAID THAT!!!!!!

HOLY POO WHAT THE ACTUAL FUG?!?!?!

#135 jungleking

jungleking

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 24 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

NOOO what im saying is WHY didnt they ask him to go deep more??

That makes me think he lacks the skill to do it........that has been my concern. If you are doin the most to win the game, wouldn't a speed guy like austin on the outside be the best? Since he's surehanded and fast?? Slots are only known for being sure handed not fast.

West Virginia had one of the best offenses in the nation with Tavon doing what he was doing. They wanted Tavon to get the ball as much as possible, not send him deep. Since you just said that he catches well and is fast, what makes you think that he can't run deep? What skill do you think he is missing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com