Posted 13 March 2013 - 01:25 AM

why is this a question

#32 natty

natty

• HUDDLER
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,756 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 12:23 PM

I wish QT would have directed True Romance. He had originally written it to have a staggered timeline like Pulp Fiction. It was still an awesome movie though.

#33 pstall

pstall

Gazebo Effect

• HUDDLER
  • 20,979 posts
  • LocationMontford

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:37 PM

Tarentino is in an unusual spot. There doesn't seem to be pressure on him to top his last work and yet he doesn't do huge commercial films financially. Django and Basterds did well of course, not off the charts.

So he has this strange house money in Hollywood. Really it seems his biggest obstacle is himself.

As an aspiring screenwriter, Pulp was awesome and depressing for me because I go there is no way I could dream of writing like that. But once I realized I just need to write the way I know and like I got a clearer outlook.

#34 BigSyke

BigSyke

I Know you Watching me but I'm watching you too Playa...

• HUDDLER
  • 2,178 posts
  • LocationFLORIDA

Posted 13 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

yeah it was decent........

#35 scpanther22

scpanther22

• HUDDLER
  • 7,186 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 10:21 PM

Tarentino is in an unusual spot. There doesn't seem to be pressure on him to top his last work and yet he doesn't do huge commercial films financially. Django and Basterds did well of course, not off the charts.

So he has this strange house money in Hollywood. Really it seems his biggest obstacle is himself.

As an aspiring screenwriter, Pulp was awesome and depressing for me because I go there is no way I could dream of writing like that. But once I realized I just need to write the way I know and like I got a clearer outlook.

He’s one of the few filmmakers that’s able to strike a balance between commercial and critical success so basically he gets to call his own shots and to think he never went to film school.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Shop at Amazon Contact Us: info@carolinahuddle.com