Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Free Agency Thread

227 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

Figured I would start a Free Agency thread for tomorrow (know there is pinned Free Agency threads) to consolidate some stuff, but tomorrow is the day. Maybe a bit premature...but we can start a debate on who we could "realistically sign", if you think we actually might sign someone tomorrow (or be typical Panthers late to the party) or maybe just a poo thread where we can get pissed about the signings that we didn't get tomorrow.

Well anyway, win or lose at least we have the Kraken...

[img]http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site568/2012/1223/20121223_040243_carson.gif[/img]

Posted · Report post

I would love Danny Amendola.

Posted · Report post

This is gonna be an uneventful thread

Posted · Report post

[quote name='YoungPanthers89' timestamp='1363049068' post='2157529']
This is gonna be an uneventful thread
[/quote]

Hopefully not, but even if we don't have signings tomorrow we can know who is off the plate. And research a bit more. There will be signings eventually though.

Posted · Report post

I think we talk to Jennings . But don't get him

Posted · Report post

SPOILER ALERT!!! We sign no one tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Feldman9000' timestamp='1363050431' post='2157565']
SPOILER ALERT!!! We sign no one tomorrow.
[/quote]

Not signing a player tomorrow and not trying to sign a player tomorrow are two different things. I think we'll certainly try but the funds just aren't there.

Posted · Report post

This is gonna be a whole lot of nothing lol

Posted · Report post

The funds are likely there to get whoever you want. We can structure any contract to give us almost no cap the first year. We also can have a number of guys who we already have ready to restructure so when we sign a free agent we announce the restructure at the same time which gets us under the cap. Gettleman is likely to proceed cautiously given this is his first year. But don't assume we can't sign whoever we want because we can. Paying for it down the road is the bigger concern.

Posted · Report post

I'm thinking the Gross thing was brought up today to restructure b/c they have someone in line to do tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

Kenny Philips
Chris Canty
Ramses Barden
A Guard
A CB

Are possible.

None likely tomorrow :)

Posted · Report post

Ironically the "The 10 Worst Free Agent Signings" is airing on NFLN as I type this.
1 person likes this

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1363051393' post='2157597']
The funds are likely there to get whoever you want. We can structure any contract to give us almost no cap the first year. We also can have a number of guys who we already have ready to restructure so when we sign a free agent we announce the restructure at the same time which gets us under the cap. Gettleman is likely to proceed cautiously given this is his first year. But don't assume we can't sign whoever we want because we can. Paying for it down the road is the bigger concern.
[/quote]

Those were my thoughts. Thought it was a possiblilty we sign someone tomorrow.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Feldman9000' timestamp='1363051513' post='2157600']
I'm thinking the Gross thing was brought up today to restructure b/c they have someone in line to do tomorrow.
[/quote]

What are you talking about ?

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Kurb' timestamp='1363051719' post='2157608']

What are you talking about ?
[/quote]

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/panthers-want-jordan-gross-to-take-a-pay-cut/

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1363051633' post='2157607']

Those were my thoughts. Thought it was a possiblilty we sign someone tomorrow.
[/quote]You usually overpay if you pull the trigger right away. If you want a bargain you have to let the market establish their worth which is almost always less than they think they deserve.

Posted · Report post

I don't expect any news from the Panthers tomorrow, maybe by the end of the week we might hear names of players we might be interested in. Guys like S Patrick Chung or OG Chad Rhinehart.

Posted · Report post

Breaking news! Panthers sign everybody!

/thread

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Feldman9000' timestamp='1363051513' post='2157600']
[/quote]
Agreed, but he didn't seem to like the whole pay cut thing so he might of messed their plans up

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1363052012' post='2157620']
You usually overpay if you pull the trigger right away. If you want a bargain you have to let the market establish their worth which is almost always less than they think they deserve.
[/quote]

What about someone like Canty? who has stated he would take a hometown discount. But yea i agree.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1363052215' post='2157629']

What about someone like Canty? who has stated he would take a hometown discount. But yea i agree.
[/quote]
I wonder what that would be?? Half price or what??

Posted · Report post

[quote name='Feldman9000' timestamp='1363051961' post='2157616']

[url="http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/03/10/panthers-want-jordan-gross-to-take-a-pay-cut/"]http://profootballta...take-a-pay-cut/[/url]
[/quote]

Oh...

I thought he had actually done something.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='ButWhysTheRumGone' timestamp='1363052215' post='2157629']

[/quote]

Needs to be a really big discount since he has now had three surgeries on the same knee.

Posted · Report post

[quote name='panthers55' timestamp='1363052462' post='2157639']
I wonder what that would be?? Half price or what??
[/quote]
[quote name='NCstoner420' timestamp='1363052666' post='2157653']
Needs to be a really big discount since he has now had three surgeries on the same knee.
[/quote]

Good to know, not sure about the price. I've heard good things about him, didn't know about the three surgeries on his knee. Makes sense now about that TD tweet.

Posted · Report post

I want Canty badly. We missed out on Jenkins. Don't know who else is coming available tomorrow. This would shore up a need. Honestly signing Canty, Deangelo Hall, then drafting CB in 1st and DT in 2nd i think it'd be solid enough.