Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why would Cam Newton want to stay here?

59 posts in this topic

Posted

This has come up over and over and I want to address the OP and the subject in general.

Cam Newton will stay here mainly because high profile NFL players don't have a choice.

He is under contract for 4 years with a 5th year option for the team.

We can Franchise him twice, where he can either play and increase his value, not play and decrease his value or find a trade partner to give us something akin to the RG3 trade.

So Cam is in Charlotte (or his value is in Charlotte) for roughly the next 6/7 years.

Yes he wants to win, yes he wants to be great. Know what else is cool? 100 million dollars.

He has signed huge deals with Gatoraid, Under Armor, has his own clothing line with NC retailer Belk, and has already hit the TV circuit during Media Week of this years superbowl.

Cam has already transcended the "small market" of Charlotte.

If he was a Jet (for example) what would he get more of?

Bigger local deals offered (does he even want them? see UA and Gatoraid money)

Exceptionally higher scrutiny from the local and national media (Charlotte Beat Writers can barely make whole sentences)

Same Contract $

There is simply no reason for him to leave.

You are assuming the team will not improve (not able to be known) and the Cam wants out (not able to be known).

Cam won't leave, mostly because it makes zero sense to leave.

Posted

If I were a professional athlete playing in a city with poo poor fans like yourself.....I would probably leave too.

God how the Huddle has reached an all time low.

The Huddle used to be the best pantehrs MB in Charlotte for informaiton and intelligent discussion of the Panthers. Now every thread is a bitch session....pitty session....or just down right dumb thread.

We now make the Falcon, Bucs, and Saints boards look fantastic.

We are ALL better than this.

Posted

Also, when the team is sold and we move to LA then Cam will have the big stage and the Panthers will lead the universe in apparel sales.

*da dum, chsssshhhhhh*

Posted

In approximately 12 months we will give him a long term lucrative contract. He will take it.

Posted

Because we gave him a chance when the whole world had labeled him a bust.

Posted

so what you are saying if newton contract was up and the 2009 vikings paid him the money they paid brett favre, he would then leave.......i can respect dat.

still probably wont happen doe. peace.

Posted

These threads will go away once the team makes the playoffs.

Posted

I think Cam will be in the same boat as Lebought James. He will try to be the center piece of a championship team and if that doesn't happen, he'll look to jump to a contender. Nothing against Carolina or anything like that...but pro athletes that are good and know they are good...they want to win too.

Posted

Why is my pussy always dry and itchy?

I recommend...

1341914157562.jpg

Posted

Answer is easy.

Cam Newton plays in no one cares about us Carolina. His every move is still under a microscope. I think Cam farted...let's now discuss this on ESPN for two days and talk about how his fart was a symbol of how he feels about the backup punter. He is a monster!!!

Put Cam in a market people naturally follow....and his life will be an utter hell unless he is in the mix for a Superbowl each year.

Posted

Cam has always talked about how he wants to be great. We don't have poo for players around him and we won't be able to get any with our cap situation. It has ruined us for the next 2 seasons leading up to the end of his contract.

Why would he want to sign a contract with a team that isn't able to get any better? I sure hope the next two years of draft picks pan out because that's our only way of acquiring players.

He doesn't have to WANT to stay here at the end of the day we won't give him the choice and he would get TAGGED.

Posted

I salivate over the absurd amount of draft picks it would take to pry a franchised Cam Newton from Don Gettleman.