Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Panthers cut James Anderson

200 posts in this topic

Posted

wild shot in the dark, but could they be releasing James Anderson to be bringing in Dan Conner who was cut from the cowboys?

Posted

wild shot in the dark, but could they be releasing James Anderson to be bringing in Dan Conner who was cut from the cowboys?

Maybe, but I don't really think so because Gettleman doesn't have any ties to him and Connor is more a middle linebacker than an outside guy.

Posted

Anderson was a solid player, but Jason Phillips was solid filling in for him at the end of the year. With Kuechly, TD, and Beason for passing downs and Phillips a solid choice to come back on the cheap it made sense to let him go. Good luck wherever you land James!

Posted

There were signs of this--Panthers talked to a LB at the EW game, re-signed Senn. I guess J. Willliams has some job security. Folks, Beason, Kuechly, and Davis. That is scary.

See my above post - you forgot Jason Phillips.

Posted

See my above post - you forgot Jason Phillips.

I was under the impression he is an unrestricted free agent. I like Phillips, but I think he is a MLB. If we have Kuechly and Beason, I doubt we sign an MLB. We will sign an OLB, imo.

Posted

Great move, the guy was SEVERELY overpaid.

Cutting him saves a total of $11 million over 3 years.

SS linebacker in a 4-3 is the lowest impact position as well as the position that's the easiest to replace. You can get a guy to do what he does at a fraction of the cost.

2 people like this

Posted

I was under the impression he is an unrestricted free agent. I like Phillips.

He is, but I think Carolina could get him back for a little over the minimum if they want/need to. Way cheaper than James.

Posted

Don't get me wrong.

I respect those who have invested in this team personally for PSL's and tickets.

That said.

Wins are not part of the sales pitch.

Kalil told me we were going to win the superbowl last year

Posted

He is, but I think Carolina could get him back for a little over the minimum if they want/need to. Way cheaper than James.

Can he play OLB? MLB depth w/ Beason and Kuechly is probably not happening. I love Phillip's fire.

Posted

This helps explain why the Panthers scheduled a workout with Mizzou outside linebacker Zaviar Gooden (projected fourth rounder).

The play of Jason Phillips (if resigned) also made Anderson expendable.

Posted

Kalil told me we were going to win the superbowl last year

Don't ever go to Livermush's car lot ;)

Posted

The cap savings breaks down like this. If this is a normal cut...

2013: 200K

2014: 5.4M

2015: 5.4M

As a June 1st cut...

2013: 3M

2014: 2.6M

2015: 5.4M

So either way 11M total